Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

K5's on ebay

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Aug 30, 2003.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

K5\'s on ebay

You guys notice 87+ K5's seem to grab more than $1.5k? I know at this point I'm the boy who cried wolf, but at this stage, I think I need to put the K5 up... I drive her once a month, the reg just ran out and I didn't renew, the inspections' up (yesterday), I want to swap the motor, she's getting rust issue's quick from being parked over the dirt... One of the funnest things to do with her is take the family up state and do a little woods wheelin, but it's not really a family truck anymore.
    Everytime I get behind the wheel, though, I think of all the stupid crap I want to do, and how much of a fun truck it really is... Then I get in with the thinking "Oh, a little rust can be cleaned up easy. This truck's so easy to work on I could swap the motor in a day. Parts are a dime a dozen (well, used to be for me). I have a ton of parts for her in the garage..."
    All these arguments and emotions driving me away from logic, which deduces; time to sell!
    One of you guys'll sell me yours cheap in a year or so when I have time to get back into it, right? Actually, I'm gonna need another truck for hunting soon, too...

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Re: K5\'s on ebay

Why do you really want too sell it? I mean really figure that out 100%. Then once you do that, determine if that reason is going to make you happy a year from now. You know, what you sank the money into. Will you look at it and think dang, I'm glad I have this or did this and don't have the truck anymore. Or will you look at it or think, dang wtf was I smoking and I don't have my truck now, and this was the outcome....

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

My K5 is strictly a toy. I've thought about selling it a time or two when I was low on bucks, but then realized that I couldn't replace it for what I would get out of it. I say, NEVER sell your toys to get out of debt or pay the bills. The toy will be gone and the bills will still be there. You will be sad a month later... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I say, NEVER sell your toys to get out of debt or pay the bills. The toy will be gone and the bills will still be there. You will be sad a month later... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen! We sold out atv's to pay off some bills. Mine was a fully mod'ed Kawi Prairie 650 4x4, just installed a winch and 27" tires!

Regretted it 2 weeks later. Basically gave the quad, winch and tires away. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

But I did end up w/ a K5 /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif