Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kaloli Beach Rd - Memorial Day

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thedrip, May 31, 2006.

1. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

So I risked johnny law, drove 6 miles to the trailhead. day went absolutely great, truck ran just about 4 hours straight without a hiccup. cooling system is working terrific, carb seems happy with me, axles didn't complain at all.

I welded up the rear diff before this run, got tired of not making it up my junker cars because one rear tire would get in the air.

this is on public land, wheeling allowed, no rocks were injured in the filming of this movie (ok, so theres no movie). Really cool shoreline, perfect rock crawling area. Everything from flats w/ bowling ball sized rocks strewn around to 4+' ledges. Gunna be a good playground once I find someone with a truck that'll keep up here. Seems the shortbus got capable out of nowhere.
    I keep doing mods, although lately its been more about "comfort" than anything. The tube dash w/ new gauges, back seat, rewired so the electrical works, crap like that. Best mod yet was taking off the cap. I picked up definate seat of the pants improvement in sidehilling. Anyway, heres a couple pics of the shortbus on the beach messing around.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Cool, seems weird seeing the ocean and palm trees while wheeling.

3. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

wheeling 25' from breaking waves was a bit of a trip. I was told to avoid salt water at all costs, theres lot of tidal pools where I was at, and they tend to ruin anything they touch (think bright orange crunchy brake rotors). Definately a nice environment to wheel in. Even stacking the odd rock is much better on a nice tropical island with an ocean breeze than under a sun set to broil at 121F in arizona =)

4. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

is there much wheeling to be done in Hawaii? nice bumper, by the way. :wink1: