Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kansas Bound

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by Michk5, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Michk5

Michk5 1/2 ton status

Misawa Japan until December...moving to Wichita Ka
    I just received orders to McConnell AFB in Wichita Kansas...couldn't be happier it was our first choice!! Anyway, just wanted to find out where everyone "wheels" and hopefully some of you are local to Wichita because I may need some extra hands putting the short box together!! :D

Matt

2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Matt,

I'm about 6 hours north of there at Offutt AFB, Ne. We all go down to Tuttle Creek, Ks. It's at a town called Randolph. It's about 160 miles from us and it is about 180 or so from McConnell. The ORV park there is like 300 plus acres and has all kinds of terrain.

We are actually planning on going down there Labor Day weekend and the weekend of the 17th and 18th for Kansas Krawl. You've also got Disney down in Oklahoma. I'm not sure where or how far from McConnell. You'll have to let me know when you get there and we can try to work it out to meet down there at Tuttle Creek one weekend to do some wheeling. There's a few in my shop here that go. there's 3 K5's including mine and a couple of heeps too. We have a blast everytime we go. :waytogo: :waytogo: :saweet: :saweet: :woot:

Rick

3. Michk5

Michk5 1/2 ton status

Misawa Japan until December...moving to Wichita Ka
    Rick,

It may not be until next summer that I have my truck (86 Short box) put together and ready for a trip but I will definetly make the 180 mile trip when it is!! I have a lot of parts now to inlude 1 tons, hydroboost, tranny, transfercase but I still need an engine and of course lift, tires, driveshafts etc.

What do you do in the AF? I'm a Jet Engine mechanic and currently work in Quality Assurance.

We plan on leaving here December 2nd and after 30 days of leave in Michigan enjoying the Holidays with family will head down to Kansas...can't wait!! I may have a rig a bit sooner as I'm looking at buying a K5 or Suburban for something to drive while the short box goes together...who knows

Thanks for the reply and hope to see you on the trail sometime

Matt

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  4. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Most of the guys I wheel with including me are all POL.

When you guys get ready to head down to Kansas drop me a line and give me your route. I am from Illinois right along I-70 and I know my family up there probably wouldn't mind giving you a hand if you're in their area and run into problems. :thumb:

Rick