Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Karma rocks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stockk5, Jan 5, 2005.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yesterday i was out in my grandma's lil cavalier for the day, my K5 at home and i got a call from one of my best friend's asking to borrow my truck to run to napa to pick up some stuff for his lil riced out dodge neon, i said of course, and so when i came home later that night he was still working on his car and he said he bought me a present, i opened my K5's hood and found this! Freakin awesome to have such a good friend that would get me something like this just for me letting him borrow my truck for a few hours. quick question though, do u need to hook up the breather hose to it? whats the advantage or purpose of the hose?

Bling bling:grin:
    [​IMG]

2. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

no u dont need the hose

3. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Just put a regular breather in the valve cover instead and all will be well.

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

you dont need to but youre engine will know it eventually if its not proper

the hose is return to crankcase, the pvc valve sucks out gases from crankcase, the hose is return and has tobe filtered or youll put dirty air into crankcas,e which gets into oil and bearings and yadda yadda

but everyone tends ot have different opinions on topics such as this

personalyl i always connect pvc system up and run stock air cleaners and filters and well my oil never gets dirty but i dont leave it in long either my engines are always spotless inside and out

i always scrap any aftermarket carbs intakes valve covers breather assemblies and other junk like that that i have left over from swaps and part outs

other ppl dont care or think about it

good luck

5. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

r72k5 can i leave a scrap bin at your house :haha: