Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

karma?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bobalob, Aug 5, 2005.

1. bobalob

bobalob 1/2 ton status

so i am on the way home from the dump and i get stuck behind obnoxious spandex man on bicycle during evening rush so there must have been 40 cars behind me all of us creeping along behind the guy. anyways i finally get enough space to get around him and because i was frustrated i may have shot him with a few thousand decibels of pipes at close proximity and as i watch him flip me off in the rearveiw mirror i realize i can't shift into second or any other gear for that matter well i coasted along trying to shift until the bicyclist passed me and laughed at me then i pulled off the road to escape this shameful experience and bang on the steering wheel. okay i am new to the automotive world and ck5 but willing to learn so if any one has any advice that would be great. 79 blazer 350/465/205 runs fine but will not go into any gear will not even grind and no visible problems. by the way this did happen one before about a week ago but after about five minutes it went into gear and worked fine until now! crap!crap!crap! should have adressed the problem on the first go around when iwas able to get the blazer home without paying for a tow.help

2. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

put a auto trans in it. :D

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Be more descriptive. By not going into gear, is it stuck in one gear and won't come out? Was it in neutral and you couldn't get it into gear? When you depress the clutch, is there any pressure or is the pressure very light? It could be as simple as you needing a new pressure plate.

4. bobalob

bobalob 1/2 ton status

it is in neutral and staying there. clutch feels exactly the same and is operating fine as far as the fork movement. I am waiting for rig to be dropped off in a few hours and am thinking that I might as well drop the transmission(its leaks are progressively increasing) get a rebuild kit and a new clutch assembly(was not replaced when new engine was installed earlier this year) this way i know how to do it in the future and i can better understand how it works. So if anyone has suggestions on sm465 rebuild kit vedors and a good clutch well priced that would be great. and no i dont want an auto tranny, i enjoy shifting the manual

5. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Autos are for girls... Just keep your 465. First thing I would do is pull the shifter out and make sure that the end didn't come off of it. There is just a small roll pin that holds it in there. If that is not the problem, then you may be looking at a rebuild. Either way, no biggie. The cheapest way would probably be to find a used good 465... they are everywhere for cheap.

6. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Oh, and I am not sure where Everson Washington is, but I am in Duvall and my friend just down the road has 2 or 3 good 465's for sale.

7. bobalob

bobalob 1/2 ton status

thanks poohbair after i get into the problem i may end up wanting another 465. I'll let you know . everson is about 15 minutes from the border about 120 miles straight above seattle