Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Katrina donations questions.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CK5, Sep 2, 2005.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

We should get something going for the Katrina releaf effort, but where should the donations go, is the Red Cross still the place to donate? Just want to be sure the funds go down there and not to a general fund etc..

2. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

I believe, when you make a donation to the Red Cross right now, you can specify that you want it to go to the hurricane relief effort.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep. The Red Cross is doing amazing work down here right now.

I will also make an offer - there are two triage units close to me, one for adults (at LSU)for children (at First Babtist)they need Gatorade, pedilyte and diapers very badly. Lots of sick kids and elderly. If you guys want to send something direct, Steve can set that up and I will personally buy/deliver those supplies to them.

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

just tell me what i need to do bro.

5. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Let me know if you need help as well....I am busy with work but can use my free time to help transport stuff and offload....

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I think the Red Cross is really the only way to go as a group. Also at this point I think that every penny they get would go to the Hurricane Effort since they are probably drained at this point.

How fast can You set this up Steve?

7. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Great idea Steve.
    It would seem, much to my disgust, that my country only likes to help out people in countries who never help themselves. As I've said in 'makes my blood boil' post, charities over here only get concerned with countries where it's people sit around all day doing nothing but pump out kids and then wonder why they're all dieing of starvation. This whole issue is really pissing me off.
    I'd rather give my money to people who make the world a decent place rather than free loaders who want/expect the rest of the world to look after them.
    Set up a Paypal account Steve and I'll put $100 in straight off and more as and when I can afford it.
    I've only been to your country once (wish it were more) and drove from Texas to Miami zigzagging through all the southern States and met some really wonderful people who made me feel welcome and who couldn't do enough to help. I could realy bore you with stories of how so many people went right out of their way to help out 'tourist'! :o
    It's painful to see all the Katrina stuff on TV. Sort it out Steve, I can't be the only one who feels like this.
    OK....hijack over with.

8. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

All the local TV stations are suggesting people donate directly to the Red Cross and Salvation Army.

9. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

10. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

If we would send our donations to Steve, he could make one large donation to the Red Cross (or other organizition) in the name of ck5.com

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Any ideas yet Boss??? I think you should make a sticky post to get the ball rolling...

12. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I knew that you would. Got your PM. I'll let you know if anything gets going.