Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

kaufman trailers?

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by Seventy4Blazer, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

kaufman trailers!! UPDATE! PIC!

its a little late to ask this as i ordered the trailer last week.. well, my folks did... they coulda used money other than from MY account... but maybe im just greedy.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

anywho, i ordered a 27 foot flat deck goose neck with an aditional 5 feet of dove tail pop up with fold flat ramps and 3 7k axles. got a few other doo dads with it like side turn lights and 16 inch centers, spare tire, adjustable hitch, break away kit, all 3 axles have brakes, and.... i forget the rest off the top of my head. with steel prices so high it was 5800.00 delivered from TX to OR.

anyone have experience, good or bad? thanks.
    ill post pics as soon as its delivered and my folks send me pictures. i wanna know what it looks like also.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Grant

***UPDATE***
    THE TRAILER HAS BEEN DELIVERED!!

My parents picked it up the other day. i guess the guy was towing doubles through New Mexico and got a ticket for more than the delivery cost of my trailer... from what my folks say its top notch work and rides VERY nice. i will let you all know once i see it firsthand.
    Grant

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  2. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

I picked up my gooseneck from them a couple of months ago and don’t have a bad thing to say at all. Considering they beat the snot out of the prices from the other trailer places around I was afraid of how it would turn out but they do build a good quality trailer.

You won’t be disappointed when you get a look at it and put it to work. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I wouldn't know because we build all of our trailers around here. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5800 bucks sounds like a great deal! Your new gooseneck sounds almost identical to ours except yours is 7ft longer plus the dove tail.

4. Seventy4Blazer

[ QUOTE ]
    I wouldn't know because we build all of our trailers around here. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5800 bucks sounds like a great deal! Your new gooseneck sounds almost identical to ours except yours is 7ft longer plus the dove tail.

[/ QUOTE ]
    hmm... dovetail... pop up.. mmmm....

i just cant wait to see it... but idont have a choice. i shopped around for about 4 months on prices online. theyhad the best standard options and thebest prices. i considdered big tex, but the standard options and delivery rates suck. same with a few others.

once i get pictures i will post up. it should be delivered in about a month. then my folks will get pictures of it and send them to me.

i am selling the other trailer for what i paid for it. my rents are going to pull the lazer off of it for me and then i will use a forklift to put it on the flat bed. once the camper and my blazer are on it will be the real test. i doubt my cummins will have a problem with it. but i will post up reviews with it and all.
    grant

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    i doubt my cummins will have a problem with it. but i will post up reviews with it and all.

[/ QUOTE ] It won't hardly break a sweat. I just got in from going and picking up some very heavy steel tracks I just bought. I loaded them on my tandam flatbed and was probably 9K gross behind my dodge cummins and it pulled it fine. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. Seventy4Blazer

i had 7500 on the trailer and 1500 in the bed and had no problems from camp pendleton to boise to eugene. stayed in 6th most of the way and could pass anything i needed to wth NO problems. i figure i will be sitting about 13k being towed or so, nothing in the bed but the tool box.
    my diprocol gauges, brake smart controller and the bed was arma coated along ith the B&M turnover ball.

should be nice to tow with. i will add on board air, take out the cat and put airbags on it once i get settled back in cali. also the jake exhaust brake is being installed before x-mas.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifGrant

7. Seventy4Blazer

Pic in the top post.
    Grant