Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kayline Group Order

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Zepplin, Feb 9, 2001.

1. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

I am sure most of you are now aware that Kayline is going out of business. I recently emailed the president of Kayline here was his response:

Dear Jeremy,

It is sad but true that we can no longer operate the business. We have
    exhausted our working capital, and I cannot afford to invest any more in the
    operation. We are presently trying to find a buyer for the company assets.
    We do have several interested parties, and I believe that one of them will
    purchase the assets and start producing our tops again. The design for the
    73-75 Blazer fasttrac top is completed, but we did not produce any of the
    tops. Turner 4wd in Roswell, GA has some of the 76-91 fasttrac tops in
    black in stock. Beyond that, I really don't know if anyone has any in
    stock.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Blake T. Robinson
    President
    Kayline Mfg., Inc.

I still have the list of members that wanted a top. But, for those of us that wanted the Fast trac for 73-75 Blazers we will either have to wait for a new buyer to continue the production of the tops or try and find a distributor that still has the old snap style top. I am just as surprised as everyone else on this site that they are going under. For those members that have a 76-91 Blazer/Jimmy, that wanted a Fast Trac, I can still forward the list to Stephen from ORD or any distributor that still has tops in stock. But, tops in stock may be few and far between.

P.S. Are there alternative companies that make soft tops for 69-75 Blazers/Jimmys?

74 Blazer
    Kashmir
    Zepplin

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Can-back stoped making soft tops for Blazers, soBestop is the only company that makes soft tops unless you want the pickup look of a Skyler or a cu$tom made top. This really sucks because I designed my rollcage around the new 67-72 fastrac (it was level with the top of the windsheild all the way to the tailgate then straight down) and now I have to start over or wait until someone buys Kayline. I was also going to buy my spare carrier from them too, so I guess I have to design that into the rear bumper when I build it.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>pavement queen with shinny paint job and car tires</font color=blue>

3. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

I was pissed when I heard that they went out of business too. But, hopefully Kayline will get bought out and they will continue to make their designs. I talked to 2 Kayline distributors this afternoon and they said to wait a few months to see who buys them.

I was also planning to get a new Fast trac for my 74. As well as 21 other people who wanted a top. If worse comes to worse I guess I can go to a boat dealer and have one made. Keep your fingers crossed.

74 Blazer
    Kashmir
    Zepplin

4. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Zep,

Man, that sucks BIG TIME [​IMG] [​IMG]!!
    Well, I can wait though, I wanted the new fast trac design, and if anyone purchases Kayline, then maybe they'll produce it. Please keep me on the list. Thanks for the info bud.
    Boss

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.boss.coloradok5.com>http://www.boss.coloradok5.com</A>

5. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

By the way, I will keep the list. I won't throw it out but, if you do decide to get one on your own just let me know and I can cross out your name. I will wait a few months to see what happens with a Kayline. But, I really want a top for the summer!

74 Blazer
    Kashmir
    Zepplin

6. CAPTAINK5-CT

CAPTAINK5-CT 1/2 ton status

Anyone have an address or number for Turner 4wd?

7. CAPTAINK5-CT

CAPTAINK5-CT 1/2 ton status

8. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

This truly sucks. I guess ill start working on some kind of custom top. Please keep me on the list and ill tell ya if I get the custom done.

[​IMG]IF EVERYTHING WORKS IT AINT A REAL TRUCK[​IMG]
    [​IMG]