Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kayline Tops

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Moose, Aug 15, 2000.

1. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

I am replacing my hard top does any one have pros cons on kayline? Mudzer hows yours?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[​IMG] <font color=red> I'm doing the same thing. My power tailgate is nothing but a P I T A and the hard top is just dead weight. So a Kayline soft top it is, permanently![​IMG] I'm still waitng for it to show up but when I get it on the truck I'll let you know what I think and post some pics!

Rene <font color=red> 81 K-20 Jimmy </font color=red>
    <font color=green>[​IMG]"God hates a coward"</font color=green>[​IMG]

3. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

4. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Well ordered a kayline today. After talking to them on the phone they set my company up as a distributer so I got one. I'll be doing a complete install write up.

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Hey guys,

I didnt have any problems with drilling the body and I love mine. I would guess my paintjob is far less than Shawns so I didnt hesitate. Shawns truck looks great and so does mine! Kayline did their homework. I would like to thank Shawn for some pre-installation questions. The top went on like a breeze. The review should be done this week. Waiting on pictures...

Hey Shawn, did you notice that you can still roll up the factory window? I tried it the other day. It is about 3" away from the top but it still is functional if you want to cut the wind some when you have the rear window rolled up.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

6. derek2002

derek2002 1/2 ton status

Hey Moose-
    How much will it be for us K5ers to get the Kayliner soft tops through you? Do you also handle lift kits, steering stabilizers, shocks and shackle flips? Let us know.

Thanks!

-Derek
    1977 3/4 Ton & Blazer Project (Body Needed)
    http://www.4chevy.com

7. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I don't mind the holes but after owning a Skyler and seeing Steves Canback up close, there should no reason they can't make a drill-less top. The factory bolts should be able to support the cab channel with no problem. Velcro could of been used on the back instead of the channel which requires holes. No problem on the help Neil. Call me anytime. I did notice you can roll up the window but knowing my luck, the wind would bust the window in half and it would land on a cop going down the highway...

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods
    [​IMG]