Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

KC HiLiTES Warranty Service Rocks!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by HarryH3, Mar 9, 2004.

1. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

A couple of weeks ago I contacted the folks at KC HiLiTES about a 10-year-old set of their 100 watt halogen KC Daylighters that I was refurbishing. The rubber bezel around the lamps had started to dry rot in the Colorado sun, and the rubber grommets where the wiring comes through the housing were pretty much disintegrated. When I took the lights apart to paint the housings I also noticed that the lens had separated from the reflector on one of the lights. In addition, the lower halves of the rubber mounting system were missing. I contacted them via their website to ask about getting replacement parts and they told me to just box them up and ship them to their warranty department.

1 week later I got them back with all of the following brand new parts installed:

Lenses and reflectors
    100 watt halogen bulbs
    Rubber bezels
    Mounting hardware, including 4 new rubber cushioned mounts
    Wiring
    Grommets
    Armor Shield for the wires

They looked like brand new lights when I took them out of the boxes! Needless to say, I am VERY happy with the results! The folks at KC HiLiTES stand behind their products! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'm a happy customer! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Good to know about the companys that treat people right! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Yah, I had some rectangler lights that the housing cracked and sent them in and they sent me a new pair..... Great customer service and warrenty.... That is why I have KC's...

5. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

that rocks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

maybe one day i will mount some of mine up /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

So let me get this straight....I have a set of rectangle KC lights with a cracked lens and loose reflector. KC will fix this even without a receipt or proof of purchase?? I'll have to give them a call.

7. HarryH3

Yep! That's all it takes! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I don't know if they cover a cracked lens under warranty or not. Flying rocks may be considered abuse. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif But hey, it doesn't hurt to ask them! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif HMMM I broke a lens on mine a few years ago and they told me I needed proof of purchase. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I just ended up buying a cheapo autozone 6" round. Just broke one of those lenses the other day (fell off while working) /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Anybody got a spare 6" round lens?? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. HarryH3

[ QUOTE ]
    they told me I needed proof of purchase

[/ QUOTE ]
    I guess things have changed since then. The guy that answered my email specifically told me that a receipt was NOT required. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Here's the email I got back:

"We have all of the replacement parts for your lights - I recommend sending them to our warranty dept to be refurbished or replaced under our warranty policy. A receipt will not be necessary. We also have the parts for sell if you would like us to list all of the numbers and pricing." /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

10. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yep! That's all it takes! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I don't know if they cover a cracked lens under warranty or not. Flying rocks may be considered abuse. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif But hey, it doesn't hurt to ask them! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I will do that. I might be lucky with the lens. These lights have foam filled covers which were in place when the lens got broke....

11. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

AWESOME. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Maybe you should send them a link to this post so they can see that their service is appreciated and in turn creating more business...and hopefully they will continue doing it. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. HarryH3

I sent them a letter of praise and thanks, along with a link. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

I have a pair of them on my truck but 1 of the bulbs went out so i bought a replacement one but its not as bright as the the daylighter bulb. I think it was 125 watt and the kc is 150 watt or something like that anyways you can tell at night that 1 is not as bright. I love them and want some more of them just need more places to mount them. infact my truck used to be on the kc daylighter web page.

14. HarryH3

You can buy their 150 watt sealed beam bulbs right from their web page. www.kchilites.com /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Oh yeah, they warranty light bulbs for 23 years (Yep, Twenty Three!) so keep that in mind if you ever have another one burn out. You can send them the burned out bulb and they'll send you back a new one. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif