Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

KC lights

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Eric, Oct 3, 2000.

1. Eric

Eric Registered Member

Any of you running KC lights on top of your cab?

How did you mount them?
    How do they look?
    Do they help in the fog or snow?
    I have a sunroof, will this cause problems?

One eyed super fly- watch out!
    86 K5 Blazer

2. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I ran them on my last K5,a 1980. I has them on a CARR light bar that mountedon my roof. I loved the way it looked, however the more I actually wheeled the Blazerthe less I liked the light bar. I had a tendency to knock it of the top with trees. It became A big hassle. So I personely wouldnt recomend it unless ou dont plan on wheeling your K5. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!

[​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com

3. I ran 5 across the top and 4 on the bumper for a long time !! In my opinion "they suck" and are not worth the money. Out of the 9 I had, 7 were rusted to death and 4 did not work after a year. I put the cheapy ones on and they still work fine after 3 years, I had to paint them though. Hmmmmm 80 bucks or 15 bucks, you make the choice. Depending on how many you run, you may need to step up to a bigger ALternator. Mine are mounted on a Carr light bar and I think it would be high enough to get over the roof ewven with it open. I could measure it for you. They look awesome !! Fog Lights are for fog !! Daylighters are for lighting up the world.

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

4. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I ran them like BIGBURB did and like I said I, personally knocked them off everytime I went wheeling.I used the cheap ones like he said to and they worked great. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

[​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com

5. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

I run the Cepek light bar with 5 Baja lasers on it. The bar mounts to the drip rails so it is easy to remove. They work fine. I dont really run trails tight enough to tear it off though. Check out Steve Prebonichs blazer in the photo gallery. Offhand that is the only one I can think of with roof mounted lights.

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

6. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status