Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Keep it or sell it???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by b454rat, Sep 18, 2006.

1. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Must have been an act of God, I'm 99% sure that I sold my 97. Friend of mine is buying it, think he said on Thursday. So here is the dilemna. I didn't sell anything off the 89 but the ORU kit. In order to get that up and driving again, I need to make the brackets for the springs, install the t-case and get some driveshafts. That's just so it can be driven, but will still need gears installed, and some other minor stuff. Or, with the 90 CC that I'm getting, sold the axles to SkysTheLimit, so that would obviously need axles, but thats not really a problem. It has a gas leak, but I actually only looked at the truck for a couple minutes, so couldn't tell where it was leaking. Also needs a radiator. Nice thing about this truck is I'm basically getting it for free. Either one will cost money to get it up to snuff. But if I sell the parts of the 89, then it will more than enough to fix everything on the 90 CC. As much as I love the 89 and had fun with it, but it's not too practical, and will be a major PITA to put a baby seat in this thing. With the CC, well enough said. I also haven't sold one f'n thing off the 89 either. My plans for the CC were a 6" lift, 35s and make it a short box.

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

we could swap hp60 for chevy 60 ;) that would help me stay away from a $$$ front driveshaft

i think i would build the crewcab and try to use some of the parts off the '89 to make it happen. are you trying to build a clean semi-dd/wheeler?

3. b454rat

I thought about building a wheeler/driver, but I know that it will get out of hand. I already thought about putting the HP60 in and getting a 14ff with the Detroit and 4.56, might have found an 8" lift, maybe some trimming to clear the 40" boggers. Right now I want to keep it a driver, and then later on build a wheeler. Until I get a better job, I need to worry about a good safe vehicle for the wifey and the little one to be in. If I hit something or something hits the CC, not too much is gonna happen to anybody inside. Right now I'm trying to think of the cheapest route, but it won't matter if I can't sell the stuff off the 89!!!!

4. muddybuddy

so give me that HP60 and put a d44 under it ;)

i think crewcab short bed is one of the best looking and most fuctional options. that thread a while ago that had a bunch of pics with crewcabs with short beds on them was awesome

5. b454rat

I wish I saved the pic that was on Ebay, it was exactly what mine is (hoping at least) gonna look like. Had a 4" lift, 35s, black, blue interior which I thought was ugly, but the truck looked sweet. I plan on running a 44 front and a 60 rear, possibly a NV4500 with a div case. Change the interior to gray buckets, tinted windows and the list goes on. (Along with the drooling)

6. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

yeah do the crewcab. thats what I'm doing parting out my offroad truck to build a 81 crewcab, but for the love of god don't make it a shortbed... go big or go home... err or I mean go long or go home ;)

7. muddybuddy

well then maybe we can work something out for your hp60 is you are going to swap a d44 under it. i jus need to find a buyer for my 60

8. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

doubt that would be hard

9. b454rat

My 97 was an ext cab long box, and wasn't too kind in parking lots. A CCSB will be aboot the same lenght, and want something different, CCLBs are everywhere. I have an HP44HD, just have to go get it. Can get a GM 44HD too. I just want to sell the stuff off the 89 and build this for now.

10. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

Does the 89 have a hydro booster on it? I think I'm just going to go that route.

you still have the xover steer?

11. muddybuddy

well ill post it up in the forsale section and we'll see what kind of bites i get. :D