Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Keep On Truckin Buddy!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by HEAVY METAL, Jan 3, 2006.

1. HEAVY METAL

HEAVY METAL 1/2 ton status

hey guys.. Dean from maple ridge bc canada.. just thought i would pass on some information on a tragic accident involving a friend, fellow wheeler and active member of our website www.funinbc.com..

on new years eve Steve... aka CHILLIWACK...32 and a 19 yo passenger crashed off the road at 27.1-27.3 km mark on harriosn road east... Steve died at the scene, the passenger climbed the cliff and walked for help whhich was found 12 hrs later..

Steve you will be missed dearly..

if any of you live in the area we will be doin a memorial run when the plaque is ready... i'll keep you posted...

if we can learn anything from losong a beautiful person as Steve.. it is please slow down , your party, campsite, event will be there when you get there...

keep on truckin buddy, i'll c ya around....:(

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

That sucks Dean, I heard about that and wondered if it was anyone I knew from the local BB's. :frown1:

We were up west Harrison on boxing day and saw an RV that had gone over at the 17 km mark...looked pretty nasty and made me slow down a bit. I've had more close calls on that road than almost anywhere else.

Harrison East has it's bad spots as well, were they headed to Clear Creek Hotsprings for the New Years bash?

Rene

3. HEAVY METAL

yeah he was headed up to the tubs.. he spent ALOT oif time there...

4. HEAVY METAL

if ur interested Rene.. we will be doin a memorial run this sunday metting at chevron mission at 10:00 am...

5. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

sorry to hear of the loss of your freind...