Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Keep or sell 350 SBC?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mouse, Jan 23, 2004.

1. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Sorry, no poll, more of a which way to go question...Since buying the K5, I've made a plan of what I want to do to it before I really start driving it. Up to today the list was simply to tune the engine up, but replace the entire interior (I'm about 30% done) and then swap in new axles with a suspension lift - so I can have some fun wheeling this summer. My long term plans are to go to a fuel injected setup and a 700R4 tranny. When I bought seats today I asked if they had any newer TBI engines, and the shop did have a couple along with some transmissions. So, back to my title, should I try to sell the original 350 (nice tight motor, 82,000 miles and fairly new valve job) and do the engine/tranny swap now, or wait. The consequences of waiting is that I will have to wait to put my 3/4 ton, 4.10 axles, suspension lift, and off road tires on it. Not to mention, I'll probably be set back a month or 2 while I rebuild the new motor....So many choices...

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

keep it for a back up. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd keep it. Never know when you might need it. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif