Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Keep the body lift or go back to stock?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlueOx, Apr 25, 2002.

1. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

I have a 3in body lift on my blazer and I want to add a good lift on it. Should I have the body lift removed and go with a good 6 in. lift or just add a 4 in. lift to the body kit. in. I never had the bumpers lifted and was thinking about going back to stock so I could get some aftermarket bumpers and keep it strong.
    thanks for the help

2. little79k5

little79k5 1/2 ton status

it depends on your primary use. if it's a daily driver and see's mostly pavement, it would be easier just to add the suspension lift. ( a 6" and 38.5" tires!!) if you off road a lot, i would look at what kind of offroading you do. if its rocks mostly, i would ditch the bodylift for a 6" supspension, hack the fenders, and think about some 37x12.5's. if it's mud all the time, the biggest thing that bothers me with bodylifts is that the engine and everything gets MUDDY and is a pain in the butt to clean. also, youll have a better chance of breaking body mounts in flexy situations with a bodylift. hope this helps

keith

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Ditch the 3" body lift and go to an ORD 1" body lift... One of the best upgrades I've done. I have some pics at the link below on page #2.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Keep the 3" body. Once your body lift is maxed out, you know that your only option at this point is suspension upgrades.

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i dont see any real advantage to puttin it back to stock...even if you went with a 4 inch lift you can still clear the same size tires that a 6 inch lift could if you leave the body lift on...pullin it off could be more trouble that its really worth...if it were me...i would just leave it on (altho i am a lazy ass). /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

Keep the 3" body lift. I really doubt your gonna break a body mount. That would take some serious strain to break a body mount that's rated at like [50,000 PSI(I think)]. Bodylifts are not that bad at all. I've done some serious flexin and had no problems what-so-ever. Once your bumpers are raised it will look good anyway. If I were you I would get a 4" inch suspension and keep the 3" bodylift because it will save you alot of money. If you get a 4" suspension you won't need new drivelines and you won't have to worry about driveline angles.

7. BlueOx

BlueOx 1/2 ton status

Thanks MudbogAD i think thats what i'll do.
    Charles