Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Keep your lil' cars out of the big truck bay!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddin4fun, Feb 15, 2002.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Keep your lil\' cars out of the big truck bay!

Earlier this week, I decided to get the mud off my truck. Since it had been on there a few days, I went to the car wash. I drive up there and automatically head for one of the bays that are used for big rigs and stuff. They're real nice for lifted blazers with racks on the top (it's the factory rack..but still...it's there). I drive up and an s-10 is in one of them and a dodge intrepid is in the other and all of the car bays are dry as a bone and empty. WTF! I know that s-10 is all big and bad, but damnit! I actually need that height and width! So, I had to use one of the car bays which isn't wide enough so I can't stand back while muddy water splatters every where and I'm constantly getting the hose tangled on that rack. I was annoyed....
    Why do people do that?

"Out in Luckenbach Texas, there ain't nobody feelin no pain" Waylon Jennings 1937-2002

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Re: Keep your lil\' cars out of the big truck bay!

I see the same thing here every time I hit the car wash - funniest thing I've seen in there yet though was a golf cart - WTF????

......And knowing is half the battle
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

They're challenged!!!

I bet they park in handicapped spaces when they "just have to run in for a second" too!

Did that make any sense? I'm having trouble thinking right right now....

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Your ad here.

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

LOL! I should go get a radio controlled car and when I see that, drive the little thing in there and say, "Excuse me...I need to wash my car and I HAVE to use this bay."
    Hee hee!

"Out in Luckenbach Texas, there ain't nobody feelin no pain" Waylon Jennings 1937-2002

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

5. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

my standard car wash has 1 desigmated `4x4, and muddy equipment' bay. fortunatley, the only people who ever use this bay are 4x4's, and muddy equipment, because there's usually about an inch of mud caked on everything in that bay.

speaking of idiots who use the handicapped parking spots, I saw a winner at the train park. some lady parked her van accross a handicapped spot, and after fishing through her glove compartment, shrugged, and exited her van. the park ranger on duty happened to be in the park at that time, and was in an illegaly parked vehicle ticket giving mood... after nailing all the people in the red zone, he walked up to this van, checked the plates, peered in the windows, looking for a placard, then whipped out his ticket book. he wrote the ticket, stuck it to the window, and came inside the trainstation to talk to us for a while. about 5 minutes later, the lady comes in, asking where the park ranger is, ( he'd just left to go do his rounds of the park and lake area's) demanding we call him for her, and gethim over here now. I looked at john, he looked at me, and then he told the lady `he's off doing his park rounds. you might be able to find him out there, but we don't really keep track of him.' she said a bunch of other angry crap, then spouted off about `well, HE gave ME a ticket for Parking in a handicapped spot... I have a plackard that says I can park there but we didn't bring the plackard. YOU need to call him back here NOW.' in the most polite manner possible John tried to explain that we are not a part of the city park, and if she wants the ranger, she can go look by the lake, where we can see him standing.

so she went over, and read him the riot act, and he asked 1 simple question `Do you have a plackard displayed in your van, hanging well within view? no? well, then its an illegaly parked vehicle, and you can ask for a hearing on the matter.' she sat there yelling at him for like 1/2 an hour, demanding he take the ticket away, since she was legitimate for the spot, since she had a plackard, she just didn't bring it with her... she go so wound up with yelling at him, and waving her ticket around, that she didn't notice the police cruiser in the parking lot, with officer writing a ticket for illegaly parked in a handicaped spot, until he was putting the ticket on her windshield. before she could make it over to yell at him, the officer was off to the other parking lot, looking for more infractions...

the only thing that pisses me off more then people who aren;t handicapped parking in handicapped spots, its people who park in the firelanes ANYWHERE... there's generaly 2 reasons behind a firelane. the first obvious, is so firetrucks can park in front of the building when they get called out. the other reason is so you don't block traffic... I have a slightly deranged friend who got stuck behind one of those once... they came to a stop outside the store entrance, put it in park, and jump out of thier car to run inside... he yells out the window at them, but they ignore him, so he drops his mid 80's jeep wagoneer into 4wd, touches bumpers (as gently as a jackhammer), and begins to shove said offending car forward. he soon tires of this game ( about 20 feet of shoving) and `having a clear space to maneuver now' pulls back and leaves. apparently he learned this from an uncle who got lock parked by paralell parkers on a street... after waiting almost an hour for them to come move their cars, he grew wrestless, and upset, and finaly just jumped in the truck, powered forward into car 1, reversed into car2, powered back into car 1, working the wheel back and forth to get himself out of said parking predicament... he of course left a note, as is required by law, although it wasn;t the standard `here's my info, ' note, it was the `learn how to park you @^!^&amp;#$' note. (wether that ones true or not, I dunno...)

oh well, people suck.

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>CK5 SUB-culture</font color=red>

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Just a thought , but maybe the Intrepid was there due to it's wider wheelbase ? I might just be farting this out my mouth but it may explain that one. Does that seem plausible to anybody else ?

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Hey y'all, I've got to call y'all on this one. Just when the heck do y'all down there in southern AZ get to go muddin? Does it actually rain enough the two times a year to turn dirt into a liquidy substance to qualify as mud? Just curious, not trying to offend, or am I? [​IMG]

Bubba Ray Boudreaux,
    Official Colorado K5.com Fantasy Football Choke Artist!<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1>http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1</a>

8. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

the 2 times a year it rains, it rains all 5-10 inches if percipitatiion that we get for the year, so yes, the mud turns soupy, and due to the thick hard Kalichi(Sp?) layer under the dirt, it stays thick and soupy on the surface for about a week afterword. during the `Rainy Season' it seems everyone with a 4wd capable vehicle suddenly gets completely covered in mud. ( the 2 days of rain, is usually more like twice a week durring the month of august, with occasional winter storms in november. ) 4x4's also retain thier mud coating as long as humanly possible. around here, with months being a semi common amount of time. ( my old white C20 lived with a mud coating for 2 months... when I washed/waxed it, everyone was positive I'd repainted it)

the bay may not always be covered in Mud, but I've never seen anything but heavy construction equipment, and 4x4's in it.

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>CK5 SUB-culture</font color=red>