Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Keeping a clean house

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Mar 12, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Alright, my roommate went away for the weekend, so I'm cleaning the house up quite a bit. I vaccumed upstairs(hes up there I'm on the first floor), and made the mistake of venturing into his bathroom. :mad::eek: There is STUFF GROWING in his toilet!! I didn't need to see that. I've seen some sick stuff, I know about body modification procedures most people don't dream of, but that toilet made me want to puke! I sprayed some of that under the rim cleaning crap in it and walked away.

Should I break down and scrub the damn thing??? Is it so odd that I don't even want MY toilet brush to touch that toilet? I mean a toilet is a toilet right? Ugh what a debate. I never use the bathroom, and the one that I do use(contains the shower so thats all he uses it for) is almost spotless. If I clean his he'll just get lazier I'm sure and take advantage of me. But compulsively I'm driven to clean it :crazy:

I'm tempted to call my landlord and point it out to him. I think I should tell my landlord because there is a 3rd room here thats not rented, and if someone comes and looks at it, then looks at that bathroom(3rd room is also upstairs) there is no way they will want to live here.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just clean it and give him a bill for cleaning it, Tell him you don't want too get evicted because of a filty crapper.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Tell the landlord, let HIM see it, then clean it yourself, and give your housemate a bill!

4. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

If you have never mentioned it to him before, I think it is pretty shady to go to the landlord. Give him a chance to fix it first. My situation is similar, I do most of the cleaning in my place.:dunno:

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I do most of the cleaning but I like things clean so I'm fine with that. Heck in reality this doesn't effect me at all, thats the second time I've been in there at all. I'll mention it whenever he comes back around.

6. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Just ask the guy to do some of the cleaning so that no trouble is started and see how it goes. Can't you do a clean up after yourself and this level of clean is expected. If the crapper is that way the rest of the habits can't be good. Talk and work it out perfer without the landlord so things will be ok but you don't want to start cleaning after someone or live in filth. By the way who was there first? Get some ground rules for other things to before they come up as problems.

7. Kim Can

Kim Can 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure cleaning it will help things - he might not even notice it!! If he can use it with it being so dirty and all.... Also, he might never clean it thinking you will. Just don't go in there;)