Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Keeping water out of TH350

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dr1553, Jun 14, 2002.

1. dr1553

dr1553 Registered Member

Everyone,

Does anyone know where the breather is on the TH350? I want to extend it along with the transfer case and axle breathers. I searched around on it but didnt find it.

It's on a '72 K5 between a 350 v8 and an NP205.

Thanks,
    David

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

It is on the top of the tranny twards the front on the drivers side. It is just a short (1.5") piece of tubbing that is bent down to keep water from getting in if splashed.

3. dr1553

dr1553 Registered Member

Heya,

Thanks....I'll look for it tomorrow when I'm changing my front and rear main seals....fun!

Do you know if there should be a gasket between the tranny and transfer case to keep water out of there? I just rebuilt the tranny and transfer case and didnt think to look for the breather on the tranny when it was out...duh. I also didnt put a gasket between the tranny and transfer case because there wasnt one there. But now I think there probably should have been one there.

Thanks,
    David