Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

keeps on running

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ZAC, Aug 31, 2002.

1. ZAC

ZAC Newbie

I HAVE A 72 BLAZER WITH A 350 AND WHEN SHE IS WARM I HAVE TROUBLE SHUTING HER DOWN. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?

2. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

Ignition timing. Poorly adjusted carb. Low octane gas.

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

It will be your timing just adjust it and alll will be better....mike

4. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Mine does the same thing. I have to give the throttle a quick stab every time I shut it down to lower the idle before shutting it off or it dieseles. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I tried adjusting the timing down but it didn't help. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif The motor is a ZZ4 with a holley 750 vacuum secondary carb.I also rum premium gas so I rulled that out as well. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif Any other suggestions fellas. I'd like to fix that little gremlin too /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I have to give the throttle a quick stab every time I shut it down to lower the idle before shutting it off or it dieseles. I tried adjusting the timing down but it didn't help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try adjusting your fast idle speed down , then reset your idle to about 650 rpm's in gear just turn the idle then put it in gear till you get the 650 , then reset the timing with the right idle speed it should go away...