Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Keith Deal, how'd you like your 38.5" SX's?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudzer, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Keith Deal, how\'d you like your 38.5\" SX\'s?

Keith,

Didn't you buy the 38.5" Super Swamper SX tires for your rig a while back. If so, how did you like them. What all did you break with the 1/2 ton stuff while wheeling Tellico? Just curious.

Thanks,

Neil

2. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Re: Keith Deal, how\'d you like your 38.5\" SX\'s?

Well, I'm not Keith, but yes he has the 38.,5x14.5x15 TSL SX's. From talking with him, he likes them just fine on the trail, but has to drive his rig every day on the street to work and school, so the road milage is not very good. As far as parts broken, so far that I know of its a pair of Warn Front axle shafts (the ujoint took the ears) and a ujoint or two, the c/v in his front driveshaft took a dump, dont know if thats tire related or not.

See the Attn Atlanta Guys thread, I took them out to a small trail last night and Keith broke his AGR Steering box and tore or pinched off an extended stainless steel front brake line /forums/images/icons/grin.gif . His rig is in my backyard right now, what you want to know about it... I got some great parts here for sale and cheap too!

Depdog

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Hey, I could use an injected 383. I thought a man in your position wasn't suposed to do those kind of things /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Sale my stuff!!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif Well its gone and back in my driveway now!! Switched out the steering box and changed the pump then replaced the brake line.

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

So, the question is. How'd you like your tires? I may call you and chat about them soon. Thanks.

6. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

They are great. I'm getting another set soon. They wear fast but love the look and performance. I would really like to have them as trail only and run a street set of tires. If you use them as daily drivers then plan on less than one year on them

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

keith, good grief man, get some procomp ATs for on-road or something man! cheap and guarenteed to get you 50k miles!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

J