Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kennasaw bumpers, those guys ...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CK5, Sep 19, 2000.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

As many of you know I finally received my rear bumper, at least it appears that it is 3/16 of an inch think. First it came with the tire holder for a 6 lug when I TOLD him that I need one for an 8-lug, then I had to break out the sawzall and cut off the CB mount because it would of hit the tailgate, then I had to remove the jerry can holders because they sat to far back (He knew that mine sits closer to the body). And the 2" receiver was welded to the bottom, not counter sunk in the bumper like he said it would be, and he added some side plate things that I cut off.
    I think the bumper will be OK after I fix every thing the way it should be, just a big pain in the ass as well as my check book, I will redesign the jerry can holders myself, I don't really like the little pans that he used.
    The good news is I have a little more disk space because I deleted the product reviews and all pics that had to do with Kennasaw Mountain, I just want the wash my hands of that place. yuck

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

2. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

That is a bunch of BS.I am sorry it had to happen to some for the rest to learn to avoid that place.I had called them and got a catolog from them a while back.Glad I didn't order from them.I don't see them lasting too long!Brady

3. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

That sucks!!!!!!!.....Well I guess you live and learn! .....
    ....let us know how those rock sliders work!!!!..later tater........~CLINT~......

4. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

...and let the mighty keyboard of Coloradok5 decend upon the infernal KMA and Smack it down! And lo! The followers of ck5 saw this, and they were relieved, and gave praise that the evil had been banished permanently. And they were thankful.

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

5. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

That is pretty sad, we ought to print out all the complaints people have posted and send them to them and see what they say. Good luck with fixing it!

Dawson
    88 K5

6. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Dude, that sucks. I dont understand the concept of a buisness person who does buiness that way. I just went through similar ordeal with my rig and the guy that I was dealing with. Sorry to hear it but I think that you handled it very well.

[​IMG]

7. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking of starting a company making custom bumpers, cages, multi-link suspensions, etc. I can't imagine ever screwing up an order like that. When your doing custom work you get it right the first time or your not going to be in business very long.

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja http://www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts http://www.mudnuts.org

8. Hey I called there twice trying to get a catalog,I couldnt even get that on time!!LOL I'm just glad I didnt order from them!Sorry Steve

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

9. elkboy

elkboy 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the honest input. I was thinking of ordering front/rear bumpers from them, but after your post I will look around a bit more.

10. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

If only a business would take care of business.

I used your pictures to build a bumper/tire rack and it came out bitchin'! I don't have a scanner, but would be willing to tell or mail pics and specs if anyone is interested.

As a side note, I've only been on col.k5 for about 3 weeks and I am on everyday(my wife hates it.....o-well!!!)

11. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I saw that they are selling some of there bumpers and accessories on-line for 50% off.. Said they were redesigning and had these ones to sell..

Maybe they dont like their own stuff!!! [​IMG]

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com