Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kennesaw Mountain Bumpers (problems)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CK5, Aug 4, 2000.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Man am I dissapointed with this company and the Management, The bumper I have from them is as thin as a pop can and keeps tearing away from the brackets (not the 3/16" as advertised). Kyle said he would make me a new one (this being five weeks ago) and ship out, well I called him today and he hasn't even started on it yet. I'm sure their busy but they have got to be the slowest welders on the planet. I would think twice before buying anything from this company. Just thought every one should know.

Steve Fox
    90 3/4 ton K5
    [​IMG]

2. Re: Kennesaw Mountain Bumpers

Hey steve,I ask for some info/pics and pricelist about 2 months ago.Called them back 3 weeks ago and ask again!!
    Still no S!!t,I'm not going to bother with them any more,when it comes time I'll get them from the new sponser!!

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

3. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Re: Kennesaw Mountain Bumpers

It's a litle scary to think about, that when you say something it has influence on a thousend+ lojal followers..

You will probably start getting lot's of free stuff from companies perrty soon !![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=blue>Espen88k5 at:http://www.espen.coloradok5.com</font color=blue>

4. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Re: Kennesaw Mountain Bumpers

LOL...very true. I know I was interested in the bumper/carrier but it sounds like a piece of crap. If there is anyone they should fix this for it would be Steve, seeing how his K5 is the "Test" Blazer, and he has an influence on everyone at this site. I hope it works out for ya though.

89 K5 Silverado
    http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com

5. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

thanks for the info Steve....i epect more from a company than that.....they're only 45 miles from me...want me to go yell at them in person?!

6. CK5

Yeah, tell them I sent ya and I want my bumper. [​IMG]

Steve Fox
    90 3/4 ton K5
    [​IMG]

7. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

they're only 45 miles from me, want me to go yel at them in person?!! i expect way more from a company than that....did'nt they know that you are the most powerful 4wheel drive influence on the web?...if you don't like...we probably don't either

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

StevO are you refering to the rear bumper/carrier??
    Or the Wincher front bumper?
    I don't have a winch in mine yet so haven't had any issues with it!
    But I hearya on the service it took 6weeks + last year to get my Wincher from them, vvveeerrryyyyyyy Slllooooooowww!!!
    Best of luck and I hope Kyle makes it right for ya!
    Well OFF to Pismo beach ina few hours to do some dune runnin and camping so have a great weekend

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin
    http://burt4x4.coloradok5.com

9. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Whoa dude! A call to the BBB may be needed....now 1000 people won't be buy from them.....BUMMER! My dad thinks he can make one for me in the winter when it gets really slowwwww at the shop.

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    http://82Jimmy.coloradok5.com

10. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Steve,
    I had my bumpers built by Stan's Custom Fabrication in Warsaw, MO. He still has the patterns and is willing to make more. The sideplates are cut into the bumper and are even button welded to the front. Short of getting hit by a train they will never come apart. If anyone is interested I have his name and number.

Steve Frisbie

11. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Having spent hours looking at Steve's, they are what He says they are built strong Hey I even try to tear off the back one for 4 hour and it never moved. (OK so it was Steve that towed me of the hill on the 2nd day of the Y2K5 Run) [​IMG]

Stan is making me some rocker/nerf bars right now. This guy realy knows what hes doing and has a habit of over building things!!!

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

12. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I MIGHT (as in might not either) be seeing Kyle on sat. I think he's pledging to my club. Sorry to hear your having a problem. last month when I saw him I mentioned the site and he said he was building a bumper for you but not much else. I'll let him know there is some frustration and where to find this post if you would like. The products I have seen first had have seemed first rate. My bud is in fairly tight with him (see my site under scarry pics and see the bumpers on his 71 shortbed). I agree that it isn't right that he be draggin A$$ it's just not good buisness. It would be one thing to be up front and say "Hay I'm swamped and it's going to be x weeks" it's another to take your order and not fill it without warning or a call to say it's going to be a while. I'll put a bug in his ear if I see him.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

13. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Jeez. What a stupid company. With the influence you have, they should make your bumper double thick with gold plated bars. I guess this just makes dealing with ORD, etc that much nicer. Good customer service.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

14. CK5

Thank's Grim, that would be great, I know the bumper would be fine if it were the 3/16" thick but it is not, Kyle said my bumper should weigh about 115#, so I put it on the scale for him, it was 45#. I know for a fact that I have sent him lots of business (all free) so making things right (in my book anyway) with me should have been high on his list. Every time I call him he says he plans on starting it right away, I know if I never called him he would never build it. Normally I don't let things bother me, but this bothers me.

Steve Fox
    90 3/4 ton K5
    [​IMG]

15. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

It should bother you, there is a whole lot of effort involved in this site andits promotion of its products, the same should be said of there service towards you. Good Luck

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. AtlassII . Spray in liner.

16. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well I saw him and told him you were a bit frustrated. He shrugged his shoulders. Told him to come look for the post.
    Lost a little respect for the guy tonight. Guess a 1000+ K5 owners doesn't equate to some good service to a guy that is giving free advertising to a very active group of truck enthuisests that have very little options in the aftermarket. Well maybe this new vendor you found in AL will turn out to be a good source.
    Sorry, did what I could to wake him up.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

17. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

I thought that their bumpers looked sharp and functional, but in the write-up the hassles dealing with them seemed to be too much for me. Still, the overall review of the product at that time was positive. Not worth $800 from me, anyway. Well, now that I have read this they can forget me ever ordering anything from them, and I will certainly tell my friends the same. There is no excuse for what you have described.

18. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

After seeing a couple of the wincher bumpers at the y2k5 run.I decided too just make my own.I made it from 3/8 plate and 3/16 tubing.It weighs about 110 pounds.Should be done soon.I'm making it go back under the fender where the fenders are cut also.By the way materials where only 100 bucks with the steel supplier cuting all the plate too size.

19. Whii338

Whii338 Registered Member

I was just curious as to the location of the new supplier Grim was referring to....i live in AL..thought they might be close by..

20. CK5