Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kenwood wiring diagram?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jarheadk5, May 14, 2000.

1. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Anyone have a wiring diagram for a KRC-605? Got one for a steal, but I don't know which wires are what. Would suck to nuke my good-deal radio trying to wire it, ya know?

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!
    [​IMG] So many ideas, so little money...

2. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

ok. first you have to find the power wires, red, orange and yellow. yellow is the dimmer wire and orange and red are the power wires and black is ground. connect the ground. now find the power wires from the truck, the constant on, and the one that is only on when the key is turned to ACC. now, the black should be connected, to the truck ground. connect the red to the always on power from the battery, and the orange to the ACC power wire, ignore the dimmer wire for now. now the radio should be on if the ACC is on, and it should turn off, when the key is turned to off. if it stays on when the key is turned off, then switch the power wires around. it should be on when the truck is on, and off when the truck is off. now, another way to check, is to program a few station into memory and turn the key to off, if the stations are still there when you turn the car back on, then it is connected correctly, if the presets are gone, then switch the power wires around. now for the dimmer wire. I usually conect it to the ACC wire so it is in the brighter setting all the time, but if you cxan find the dimmer wire, and want it to dim, then you can connect it. Now if the power wires are all set, we'll go to the speaker wires. Make sure the radio is on and take the fader and turn it all the way to the front, and the balance all the way to the left. And get a speaker and connect the speaker wires until you hear sound, and those wires are the left front. now take the fader and move it all the way to the back and connect wires until you find the ones that make sound and those are the rear left wires. now move the balance to the right and find those wires and that will be the right rear speakers, then the remaining to wires will be the front right speakers. and the blue leftover wire is the turn on wire for the amplifiers and the power wire that powers the antenna if you have a power antenna. and that should be it, i hope that helped.

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    Aint nothin' like the sound of Chevy Thunder

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Lets make this a little simpler.
    on the KENWOOD
    red=switched power(ignition)
    yellow=constant power(memory)
    white=front left +
    white/black=front left-
    gry=fr +
    gry/blk=fr-
    green=rearright+
    green/blck=rr-
    purple=rl+
    purple/blck=rl-
    blue=power ant
    blue whit =amp turn on lead
    see iff that helps and let me know
    if not you can call me at work @972-721-9605
    AUTOTRONIX SOUND AND SECURITY
    or check out kenwoodusa.com

89K5 payed 3k for the rig, spent almost 7k in the last 6 months on upgrades!!!!

4. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

FAN-D@MN-TASTIC!! Just what the doctor ordered to cure the "no-tunes-blues"! Thanks for the help, Adrock and DBLAZER.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!
    [​IMG] So many ideas, so little money...

5. Picard

Picard Registered Member

Let's make this even simpler. Go to KenwoodUSA.com and download the owner's manual in Adobe (.pdf). They have almost all of their products available that have been made within the last 5-10 years. Goodluck on your spaghetti.

Picard "Eight lugs are better than Six" in Michigan