Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

kenwood

Discussion in 'Audio' started by XHitman396, Sep 28, 2002.

1. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

hey i jus bought 2 12" kenwood tornadoes kfc-w3005's, and each have their own kenwood 600 watt amp with a bandpass box, im gettin it hooked up tonight (i hope), anyone have any experience or opinion, i got all this brand new, except the amps are like 8 months old, for half price, i can exchange the subs at best buy, friend gets employee discount, so any opinions excepted and appreciated..

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

A friend had the Kenwood Tornadoes when they first came out. Couldn't pump alot of power into them, but they did sound good. Never tried them in a bandpass box, let us know how that sounds.

3. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

one word, badass... i got a lot of compliments and surprised looks by my friends, i now have the best system and North Intermediate High School, not sayin much, but good enough for me, the kick good and hard, clear, and i like the fact i can't really make anything out of my rear-view mirron, cuz the vibrations, i would suggest this system to anyone, but im not an audio analysis, but i like it

4. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Depending on the manufacture date on the subs I would go exchange them now. I had to warranty tons of those when they first cam out because the tensile leads were pulling loose from the voice coils. They look awesome, but keep moderate power on them for sure. They are a great sub for rock and country but lower freq seem to start to distort.