Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

kerosene heaters ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Sep 30, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

currently also hunting for a kerosene heater to replace the round indoor standup one that burned up last winter after a long hard life, cant find anyone around here that carries any kerosene heaters other than salamanders but they are not safe for indoor use im sure

what options od i have ? Big R and Wal Mart have nothing and thats all the stores we have around here.

im not sure what to do

move ?

thanks

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

find one online and order it and have it shipped to your house /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    find one online and order it and have it shipped to your house /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    tractor supply, maybe?

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Maybe a fireplace store? We got ours at a rummage sale /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

these are some pretty varying replies lol
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

yeah would be great to find one cheap at a yard slae or something but you know its getting alittle nippy out to be having too many yard sales anymore tilnext spring and well i dont think anyone would really give up any heaters for a yard sale cause with how cold its getting already this early,.
    so im not sure what to do and no, tractor supply store closed earlier this year, we had one, everything has been and is leaving this area, even with the major highways and roadways hub we have right here in lincoln, we are down to just two hardware stores and three small auto parts stores, i cant even get an exhaust pipe for a 250 at any of them here, they have nothing, ever.
    this is a big reason why i am frustrated and tired of having projects because they never go right and you can never find the most basic stuff you need to do any projects of any kind, basically if youre not a farmer around here then youre pretty much screwed if you live around here

hmm..

thanks
    hehe

6. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

randy, ya got a menard's or a farm & fleet up yur way ? or a farm king ? they should have em. good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I've heard of Menards and I used to work for Farm & Fleet but WTF is Farm King?

8. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

I had a kerosene heater once, took too long to heat up the garage, so I picked up a propane heater, put's out somewhere near 80,000 btu's, heat's the garage up from say 20* to 75* in about 5 minute's.

Has a hose leading off of the prop. tank to the heater, about 8' long. Work's Great! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Coleman is the brand name.

9. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

check this one out here, and here doesn't say if you can use them indoors, but there should be a Rural King somewhere around you. there is a huge one in Mattoon, Il