Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kerry on guns/hunting

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gjk5, Oct 18, 2004.

1. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Alright, I already think the guy is full of it, but he says some of the most ridiculous things.

Politics aside, this is some funny sh*t:

Regarding deer hunting, Kerry said, “I go out with my trusty 12 gauge double barrel. I crawl around on my stomach. I track and I move and decoy and play games and try to outsmart them. You know, kind of play the wind. That’s hunting,” (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, July 4th, 2004.)

Now I'm not sure about the rest of you guys, but I've never seen ANYONE hunt deer with a double barreled shotgun, and what the hell does he mean by crawling around on his stomach and playing with them?

How about Kerry on dove hunting:

“you clean them, let them hang … you might eat it at a picnic, cold roasted,” (Washington Post, June 1, 2003.)

You know, I can just hear him saying this in his best Thurston Howell voice, wearing a smoking jacket and drinking a fine sherry, trying his hardest to make at least one Normal Joe see him as anything even close the working man. I mean, really, who "hangs" a dove? And what the hell is "cold roasted"? I would pay money to see a non-campaign pic of this blue-blood either hunting or even having a picnic for that matter. What a douche.
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[​IMG]

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

dude a dubble barrel 12 ga. is quite possibaly the best deer gun ever /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I doubt if John Kerry has ever been Deer hunting. [ QUOTE ]
    I crawl around on my stomach

[/ QUOTE ] What, does the NVA Deer shoot back at him ??? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

For a "Pro-Hunting" candidate he sure doesn't stack up:

Kerry:

· Kerry voted in 2004 to ban most center-fire rifle ammunition, including the most common rounds used by deer hunters, siding with Ted Kennedy, and said in a CNN interview, "I think you ought to tax all ammunition more, personally, I think you ought to tax guns." ("Late Edition," Nov. 7, 1993);

· Kerry cast numerous votes to ban guns, and currently is a co-sponsor of S. 1431, which would ban all semi-automatic shotguns, all semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines, and many other guns commonly used by sportsmen;

· Kerry voted to effectively shut down gun shows in America; voted to hold firearm manufacturers responsible for the acts of criminals; and voted 11 times to impose waiting periods on law-abiding gun buyers;

· Kerry has a 100% voting record with, and earned the endorsement of the Brady Campaign (Formerly Handgun Control, Inc.)—a group that says you have no right to own any gun. And, he repeatedly earns the support of PETA and the Humane Society of the United States—groups who openly want to ban all hunting in America.

Bush:

· The Bush Administration stated "that the text and original intent of the Second Amendment clearly protect the right of individuals to keep and bear firearms," reversing the Clinton Administration position that the Second Amendment only applies to state militias;

· President Bush sent representatives to the United Nations with a clear message: we will not allow the UN to impose international regulations that would violate the Second Amendment and infringe on our sovereignty;

· George W. Bush respects America's sporting and hunting heritage. His administration signed an agreement with 17 major sportsmen's organizations to improve hunting and fishing access to Federal lands, and initiated a conservation agenda to protect millions of acres of forest, wetlands, and grasslands for future generations of hunters;

· As President, he gave money to prosecute federal gun crimes through Project Safe Neighborhoods and signed a national Right-to-Carry law for law enforcement officers;

· President Bush knows that holding the American firearm industry responsible for the acts of criminals is wrong. That's why he supported the "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act," to prevent reckless lawsuits against lawful American businesses. (Source : www.nrapvf.com; 10/13/04)

5. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Bush also said that he supported the asault rifle ban. And that if congress passes another one he'd support it.

Ofcourse I'm sure that he just said it for political reasons.

But, I also think that all poloticians are complete idiots and this presidential election we're f*cked. They're going to come down on 4x4 owners and gun owners regardless of who wins.

Bunch of Nazi's they are.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Bush also said that he supported the asault rifle ban. And that if congress passes another one he'd support it.

Ofcourse I'm sure that he just said it for political reasons.

But, I also think that all poloticians are complete idiots and this presidential election we're f*cked. They're going to come down on 4x4 owners and gun owners regardless of who wins.

Bunch of Nazi's they are.

[/ QUOTE ] IIRC, Bush stated he did support the ban on asault weapons, but decided not to renew the band because the vast majority of the public didn't support it. Wow, a president doing what the people want instead of what he wants. Isn't that a novel idea. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Im not a deer hunter myself, but I know that many states have caliber / weapon type requirements. Is it legal to hunt them with a 12ga? His quote really made me laugh, I know some hunters get into hunting... but low crawling around the forrest, like the deer set up razorwire fortifications or something is just hilarious. lol!!

j

8. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Im not a deer hunter myself, but I know that many states have caliber / weapon type requirements. Is it legal to hunt them with a 12ga? His quote really made me laugh, I know some hunters get into hunting... but low crawling around the forrest, like the deer set up razorwire fortifications or something is just hilarious. lol!!

j

[/ QUOTE ]

how about some mines just for fun... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

the big thing I know of as far as weapons restrictions is shotgun and rifle. namely in my area you can only use a shotgun with slug amunition to hunt deer. Where I hunt upstate I hunt with a rifle though. The point is that a double barrel shotgun just sends the image of the stuck up hunter sipping brandy sending his servant to retrieve what he shot. And where is it legal to use a deer decoy?? I've never hunted with one and never known someone that did.

10. ncbloodhound

[ QUOTE ]
    The point is that a double barrel shotgun just sends the image of the stuck up hunter sipping brandy sending his servant to retrieve what he shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda reminds me of Elmer Fudd. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

In my honest opinion, John Kerry is full of sh_t about ever going Deer hunting !!!!

12. ncbloodhound

[ QUOTE ]
    In my honest opinion, John Kerry is full of sh_t about ever going Deer hunting !!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

The only dear hunting he did was when get got that fine specimen...Teresa... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only dear hunting he did was when get got that fine specimen...Teresa... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Looks more like a hound then a deer to me, LOL.

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    someone has to retrieve the quails.

15. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    someone has to retrieve the quails.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can hear him now:

"Yes, do be a dear Theresa and fetch yon bird, and dahling, be careful with the teeth, I know how you are"

16. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

j

[/ QUOTE ]

Here in Illinois it is illegal to use a high power rifle. You can use any size shotgun or muzzle loader and a few years ago they said you could also use pistols. Illinois also has a bow season.

17. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

I would just like to imform all of you that I personally have received numerous awards and citations for wounds received in combat with deer and elk. I have also received the Distingushed Flying Cross in air to air battles with ducks!

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifThe dude is a total Douche

18. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

The NRA and other pro gun people have done quite a bit of research on Kerry. No one can find any evidence of Kerry ever having a hunting license in Mass. Or any other state.
    When this info came to light. Kerry stoped of at some store in Ohio and shelled out 140 for a non Res license when he only needed to buy a 40.00 Tourist Small game license. Now he says he is going duck hunting this weekend ???
    Boy I would sure like to see that. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[​IMG]
    What a Dork.

19. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Ok all you hunters. Whats wrong with this pic?
    [​IMG]
    Besides the fact that that Elitist moron Kerry jerk has a white boy as a gun bearer and wont soil his manicured hands by packing his own filthy game out of the feild.

20. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ok all you hunters. Whats wrong with this pic?
    [​IMG]
    Besides the fact that that Elitist moron Kerry jerk has a white boy as a gun bearer and wont carry his own game out of the feild.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not carrying the gun with the barrels in his mouth?