Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kerry's outlook on the Coalition/Iraq

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by firefighter184, Oct 11, 2004.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Kerry\'s outlook on the Coalition/Iraq

Kerry's retarded hippie ass keeps saying, over and over and over and over... that the US is bearing 90% of the casualties in Iraq. WRONG!!! We are losing an average of two guys a day, while the Iraqi men who are signing up to be cops ad soldiers are dying at a rate of at least a dozen a day.

Way to go Kerry. Take another sh*t on the people we depend on for help getting this thing finished.

2. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

Re: Kerry\'s outlook on the Coalition/Iraq

[ QUOTE ]
    Kerry's retarded hippie ass keeps saying, over and over and over and over... that the US is bearing 90% of the casualties in Iraq. WRONG!!! We are losing an average of two guys a day, while the Iraqi men who are signing up to be cops ad soldiers are dying at a rate of at least a dozen a day.

Way to go Kerry. Take another sh*t on the people we depend on for help getting this thing finished.

[/ QUOTE ]

Confusion over Casualties

Edwards: It's one of the reasons that we're having so much difficulty getting others involved in the effort in Iraq.

You know, we've taken 90 percent of the coalition causalities . American taxpayers have borne 90 percent of the costs of the effort in Iraq.

Cheney: The 90 percent figure is just dead wrong. When you include the Iraqi security forces that have suffered casualties, as well as the allies, they've taken almost 50 percent of the casualties in operations in Iraq , which leaves the U.S. with 50 percent, not 90 percent.

90% of the Casualties

Cheney disputed Edwards's statement -- often repeated by Kerry -- that US forces have suffered "90% of the coalition casualties" in Iraq, saying that in fact Iraqi security forces and coalition allies "have taken almost 50 percent" of the casualties.

Both men have a point here, but Edwards is closer to the mark.

Edwards is correct counting only "coalition" forces -- those of the US, Britain and the other countries that took part in the invasion and occupation of Iraq. According to CNN.com, which keeps an updated list, 1,066 US service men and women had died from hostile action and other causes during the Iraq operation as of Oct. 5, of a total 1,205 for all coalition countries. That's just over 88% of the coalition deaths.

We know of no accurate count of deaths suffered by Iraqi security forces, but an estimate reported both by the Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post puts the figure at 750. Lumping those estimated Iraqi deaths with fatalities suffered by coalition forces produces a total of 1,955. Of that, the estimated Iraqi portion is 38% -- or 45% if "allies" are included with the Iraqis -- and the US total amounts to 55%.

Cheney V. Reality -- 90 percent casualties
    CHENEY: Well, Gwen, the 90 percent figure is just dead wrong. When you include the Iraqi security forces that have suffered casualties, as well as the allies, they've taken almost 50 percent of the casualties in operations in Iraq, which leaves the U.S. with 50 percent, not 90 percent. With respect to the cost, it wasn't $200 billion. You probably weren't there to vote for that. But $120 billion is, in fact, what has been allocated to Iraq. The rest of it's for Afghanistan and the global war on terror. [Vice Presidential Debate, Cleveland, Ohio]

FACT: The U.S. Bears 90% of Casualties: There have been at 1,205 coalition casualties since the beginning of the war, including at least 1,066 American casualties. American troops have borne 90 percent of the total number of fatalities. [CNN, Special Reports, 10/05/04]

Casualties

Factcheck

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Interesting that you and the rest of the liberal bandwagon refuse to accept the fact that Iraqi forces are our allies and that you openly want to ignore their deaths like they dont count. What a great way to pave smooth relations with the Iraq govt. You say you are concerned about how France feels about the USA but you wont even acknowledge those Iraqi heros fighting for their own freedom. Our allies are those that will stand up and fight WITH us, not those that refuse to fight because they wanted Saddam to remain in power because they were making BILLIONS breaking UN laws trading with him. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Well said BigYellow /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Backcountry, while much has been said about the contributions of our allies (usually in a ridiculing, denigrating way by the Kerry campaign), here is an interesting point: If France or Germany were to match the contribution of one of our smaller allies, based on a percentage of military forces, like say from Australia, France would have to send over 20,000 troops. Never happen. It's just interesting to me that the left continues to downplay the contribution of our allies while screaming about the fact that we have no allies, about the need to find allies, etc...
    The French have never been our allies, unless it was politically expedient for them. Why is the left so obsessed with having France and Germany along? What do those two countries have that we need so much? Just wondering...

5. backcountry

I was responding to Firefighter184's post ! Did I miss something? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Quote:

End Quote:

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Did I miss something?

[/ QUOTE ] Yeap, you and every other liberal totally misses the whole piture. You liberals only see what you want too see. But that just a liberal thing, so please don't take it personally. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. backcountry

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Did I miss something?

[/ QUOTE ] Yeap, you and every other liberal totally misses the whole piture. You liberals only see what you want too see. But that just a liberal thing, so please don't take it personally. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't take much of anything personal, life is too short! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

If I'm not mistaking, Firefighter184 was referring to Coalition Casualties, therefore I responded to his statement. Some of you however are trying to twist his comments into something else. Sound familiar? Sure it does; sounds like Bush trying to change the focus on finding "NO" WMD's! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Did I miss something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't take much of anything personal, life is too short! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

If I'm not mistaking, Firefighter184 was referring to Coalition Casualties, therefore I responded to his statement. Some of you however are trying to twist his comments into something else. Sound familiar? Sure it does; sounds like Bush trying to change the focus on finding "NO" WMD's! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Thanks for proving my point. No WMD, but what's not being said talked about is all the components to build those WMD. Hey, I have a engine here, a transmission next to it, axles accrost the street, and the body down the block. I don't have a vehicle, so no need to mention that I have everything too put one together The UN Auto inspectors didn't find a vehicle.

9. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Kerry and Edwards are mixing up their facts because the vision they have of seeing the Red hammer and sickle flag waving over the White House is preoccupying their thoughts.

10. backcountry

[ QUOTE ]
    Kerry and Edwards are mixing up their facts because the vision they have of seeing the Red hammer and sickle flag waving over the White House is preoccupying their thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

You ever hear of Factcheck? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

11. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]
    I was responding to Firefighter184's post ! Did I miss something?

Quote:

End Quote

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately yes, you have missed something. Your reply appears to be a copy/paste CNN article that you agree with. In the article it states multiple times that yes, counting Iraqi coalition forces, that Cheney's numbers are right on the mark, however, the article (and you, since its your reply) state that we should not include Iraqi coalition forces that have been killed fighting for thier freedom. This is what the liberal bandwagon is all about, talking out of both sides of your mouth, ignoring our true allies like they dont count or matter and constantly painting a bleak picture of America and the war on terror. The war on terror is going excedingly well, Afganistan just held thier first elections in years (which went very smoothly despite liberal hand wringing), Iraq is transfering power to its own Democratic government, Lybia has agreed to allow inspections and to destroy illegal weapons, we've crippled Al Qaeda and we've killed or captured thousands of terrorists. We are winning! Everything is not perfect however. Precious American military lives have been lost. Innocent civilian lives have been lost (both here and abroad). Bin Laden has not been captured or his body found. So you have a choice....focus on the positive things America is doing or focus on the negative things......being positive is a choice. There will ALWAYS be bad stuff to focus on but whats the point?? Please get off the negative liberal bandwagon and be positive about America and our future for a change! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

12. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

And you point is what?

Gee, I did not see any "Latest FactCheck Articles" titled:

"Bush is a also a Viet Cong Commie idealist, although he gets facts wrong on how to strip citizins of firearms in most efficient way."

"Bush and Kerry agree on massive tax hikes, but get facts wrong."

Kerry and Bush argue on Kerry's 100% anti-defense budget record in the Senate.Get facts wrong. It was 110%."

"Bush and Kerry agree on giving United Nations sovereignty in U.S. National Forests, but get facts wrong."

"Bush and Kerry agree on banning talk radio, but get facts mixed up."

Kerry and Bush agree during 2nd debate to increase Auto / light truck fuel effiicency minimums to 53 mpg, but get facts wrong."

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, I'm confuced here. [ QUOTE ]
    Kerry and Bush argue on Kerry's 100% anti-defense budget record in the Senate.Get facts wrong. It was 110%."

[/ QUOTE ] How can you get 110% ??? It's not possible.

14. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Bush and Cheney claim that we have 30 allies with forces in Iraq. Kerry and Edwards don't debate this so I can assume it must be true, however they do respond with some figure to make it seem as if these allies have very few troops helping us. What a kick in the balls to our allies! He tells them that because they don't have many men to send that they really don't help us that much. What an a$$hole.

Kerry also wants to involve other countries in the war on terror, but take a crap on the countries dealing with North Korea and do it by ourselves... what an idiot. The very same thing that he criticizes Bush for he wants to do himself /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

15. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]
    The very same thing that he criticizes Bush for he wants to do himself

[/ QUOTE ]

Kerry is the king of flip flops dont forget /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Im not sure I'd care if we were 100% of the casualties. What difference does it make? All that number tells us is how weak the rest of the world is. In any case, whether we are 100% or 1% we have the same number of dead. It sucks, but freedom ain't free. In WWI and WWII we managed to come out "ahead" with respect to the numbers of dead compared to russia, germany, etc... maybe its our turn to be on the bloody end of the stick. In any case, we've loss less than half the people since 9-12 that we lost in one morning on 9-11... and in the meantime we've killed 75% of al queda's leadership, deposed 2 fanatically murderous regimes and freed 50 million people. Not bad at all IMO, and if the 3rd phase of the war on terrorism goes as well as the 1st and 2nd have, its hard to argue that it isn't "success".

In the grand scheme of things we are smack dab in the middle of WWIII and we have lost less people so far than we did on certain DAYS in WWII.

j

17. backcountry

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think so? Flip Flop!

Do me a favor! Type "Bush flip flop" in your search engine and see what you come up with! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

18. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]
    Do me a favor! Type "Bush flip flop" in your search engine and see what you come up with!

[/ QUOTE ]

No thanks, I dont need to use Google to know who the flip flopper in this election is, Ive made up my own mind.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think so? Flip Flop!

Do me a favor! Type "Bush flip flop" in your search engine and see what you come up with! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Not intrested in some Democraphead closed minded point of view. Twist facts about Bush but completely blind too Kerry's record. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

20. backcountry

Closed minded to Bush's record did you say? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I know, it's hard to be because we are experiencing his four year record of all records being broken right now! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif