Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Key Fob for 95 Suburban

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Yohinan, May 22, 2003.

1. Yohinan

Yohinan 1/2 ton status

I recently purchased a 95 Suburban 1500 4x4 that is fully loaded. I was under the impression that it should have come with Key Fob's to open the doors vice having to use the key everytime. Can anyone tell me for sure if it did come with the Fob's and the previous owner somehow just lost them and thats why I dont have them now. Is there any way to know for sure whether or not I should have them? Thanks for the help. John

2. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It might be in your RPO codes if it came with the keyless entry. Check your glovebod for them, but I don't know what the code would be. Go to the dealer, they might be able to tell by the VIN. If it's loaded then its a good chance it did. But when did the keyless come out for the trucks?? Maybe it wasn't an option yet??

3. LandRaider

LandRaider Registered Member

4. Suburbanite

Suburbanite Registered Member

One quick way to find out if factory keyless entry is installed in your truck is by grounding pin G on the DLC (Data Link Connector, AKA ALDC?). The DLC is sorta located down from the steering column. Should be a 12-pin connector for your truck & pin G is located at the bottom left corner. It's the same connector where codes are obtained from. If you don't hear the doors unlock/lock (or vice versa) when you ground pin G then you don't have the factory control module necessary for factory keyless entry. That, of course, assumes that the control module is working. I've never heard/read of them failing so if it's installed the test should work.

Oh yeah ... if the doors do unlock/lock then you can buy remote fobs on eBay Motors -- that's what I did -- bought 3 & they all worked. 2-button or 3-button will work but with the 2-button you'll have to press the 'unlock' button twice in order to unlock the rear barn doors or tailgate/hatch. If you buy used, either on eBay Motors or elsewhere, the only thing you'll have to look for is "MODEL/FCC ID: ABO0104T" (the 1st 3 characters are letters: A B & O [oh, not zero]).

Good luck.

5. Yohinan

Yohinan 1/2 ton status

Well I managed to write down all the RPO Codes from the glove box down and looked them all up. A few of them I was unable to locate but I did in fact find the code of AUO-Lock Control, Remote Entry-Keyless Entry (Domestic) so I do in fact have this option. I guess the previous owner missplaced them or the dealership I bought the Sub from just decided they needed them more than I. I guess I will just call my good buddy Dal and see how much he sells them for new. Thanks for all the help. John