Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Keyed Tailgate Window Switch

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by 10pax, Jan 16, 2006.

1. 10pax

10pax Registered Member

I need a switch for the electric window in the tailgate. The switch is located on the outside. You insert the key and turn it to roll the window up and down. I have a switch but I believe the key is the wrong one so it won't work. All I need is the switch and key. If you have the whole thing and it is in good condition, I may consider buying the whole unit but only if the chrome plating is not seriously scratched or peeling off. The one I have is in poor plating condition but I could paint it if nothing else. I also need the window channel that the window slides in. Mine is in ok condition but the bottom portion is rusted and could use replacement.

James

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

go to a locksmith and make a key for it, for $7.

3. 10pax

10pax Registered Member

Will Try

I will go see one tommarrow afternoon and give it a try. I hope this is all the problem is. I think it may be because when I took the window out of the 87, there was some broken glass in the tailgate but the window is not broken at all anywhere. That leads me to believe that the window was replaced and the lock maybe too. I just hope the lock is not seized up. It dosen't appear to be from the outside but it did come off an almost 20 yr old rig. Thanx

James