Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kick down cable ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KING K5, Mar 21, 2001.

1. KING K5

KING K5 1/2 ton status

I have a TH350 Tranny and need to replace my kickdown cable. Will I have to drop the pan to do so? Also are there any other things I need to be aware of in doing this?
    Thanks!
    Jeff

2. KING K5

KING K5 1/2 ton status

Anybody? I'd like to know exactly what I'm getting into before I attempt it.......
    thanks!
    Jeff

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I don't think you have to drop the pan....I could be wrong though. Is the old one still on there? Can you trace it back to the tranny.

[​IMG]

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com>http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com</A>

4. KING K5

KING K5 1/2 ton status

Yea the old ones still on, I did trace it back to the tranny. It's got one bolt that connects it to the trann but theres a little clippy thing on the tranny end that is actually "in" the tranny and I don't know if I can clip the new onet with out dropping the pan. (I haven't tried to take the old one off yet, I was just trying to see what I might be in for before I started!!)
    Thanks
    Jeff

5. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

You can do it without dropping the pan I just replaced mine also. Alls you have to do is pull the one bolt out. Pull the cable out so you can disconnect it. Hook the new one up bolt it in. May have to adjust the cable afterwards to so it will shift right. Alls you have to do is have someone push the gas pedal to the floor and there is like a plastic piece that pops out on the end by the carb you just pop it out (before the push pedal to the floor) once the push the pedal to the floor and hold it you then just push it back down and away you go.

Scott
    78blazer

6. KING K5

KING K5 1/2 ton status

Sweet, sounds easy enough. Thanks for the info 78blazer!!
    Jeff