Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kick Panel Speak Advice in a 71

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Kev71, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Kev71

Kev71 Registered Member

I need some speaks up front, I dont feel like messing around with the doors cuz they already rattle enough, but im thinking putting compnents in the kickpanels-----is their room to cut a 6 1/2---depth wise that is, and has anyone done it? I would get the kickpanels with the 61/2 pioneers from ChevyDuty but it is sooooo overpriced. I know Greg72 made that kickpanels speaker mould type deal but im not as talented as the great Greg, so..........any advice?

2. Rebel-Rider

Rebel-Rider 1/2 ton status

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

My guess would be that there's not enough depth in those side kickpanels to hold the speaker.

Of course you could cut a hole to find out how deep it is, and then build a simple "spacer ring" to create the extra mounting depth you needed....maybe with a slight taper to them to somewhat blend them into the metal part, and put some carpeting over the area?

The problem with the kickpanel area is the same as the lower doors....it's going to be hard to hear the upper frequencies if they are in that position...the sound will just get lost down there. I know some companies now make co-axial speakers with a swivel on the tweeter so you can somewhat "aim" the tweeter up towards the listeners.....might be enough to make you happy......

....."Great Greg"........sheesh! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif