Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kick Panel Water Leaks?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MilpitasK5, Dec 31, 2002.

1. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

It's raining quite a bit in the bay area and I noticed that I have some leakage under the dash dripping down the kick panel. I think both passenger and driver side are doing it. Both inconsistant. Anyone have the same deal and know what it is?
    /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
    TIA

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

rain get's into my truck to. It might have something to do with the fact that I don't own a top /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. MilpitasK5

Damn dude! Rain get's into you're truck with the top off? That's odd... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i can't figure it out either /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for your problem, It could be the windshild has a leak.

Is it coming in from behind the dash or down along side of it?

5. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

My wifes old 87 used to leak on both sides, It turned out that the windsheild seals were leaking and allowing water in the lower corners. was running down inside of dash, down kickpanels. The windsheild was replaced and the old seal was reused, but never sealed. We pulled the windsheild back out and put urethane window glue in behind the seal and reinstalled glass. never leaked agian.

6. MilpitasK5

Geeez... The leak isn't horrible yet. That sounds exactly like my prob so that's the fix I guess. I think I'll wait till I really need to pull the windsheild.
    I'll make this a "favorite" thread. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

Take it to a windshield shop and they can seal it while in place. No reason to remove it to seal. The shop will just pull back the rubber seal and inject sealant around the windshield. Or you can buy a tube of urethane yourself and seal it. Clean up the excess urethane with white gas, it will not hurt your paint or the rubber seal

8. MilpitasK5

That sounds like a good plan. There's a window place right by my house. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Do you think they could do the same thing with my side windows? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    Got some leaks there too. Been meaning to replace the seals but haven't yet. If I could get them to just seal it up for me, that'd be best. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif