Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

kickdown cable not kicking

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JOEDEZZY, Jun 5, 2006.

1. JOEDEZZY

JOEDEZZY 1/2 ton status

I just replaced my kickdown cable, the old one had a bolt going through the part that hooked to the throttle linkage, I figure that was there so that the linkage would actually pull the cable out enough to down shift, with the new one hooked up and adjusted all the way out the thotlle linkage wont catch it, I dont want to put the bolt back in, I'm thinking that the linkage on my carb is wrong for my setup, I know that I dont have the origanal carb, after I looked up the #s it said it was from a 78 manual vehicle and I have a 77 auto. Anyway my question is if there is another way to correct this without putting the bolt back in or changing the linkage? Maybe some adjustment I dont know of?

2. JOEDEZZY

JOEDEZZY 1/2 ton status

oh yeah I have a th350 going to a quadrajet carb

3. Wishbone

Wishbone 1/2 ton status

I would make sure you have the correct cable and linkage. You can trash a tranny pretty fast otherwise. The way I adust it is push the gas pedel in all the way down and then tighten the kickdown cable.

4. JOEDEZZY

JOEDEZZY 1/2 ton status

the cable is adjusted out as far as it will go