Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kickdown cable on a TH400?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Zooman, May 8, 2003.

1. Zooman

Zooman Registered Member

I was just reading the other post about a th400 and the guy mentioned about not having his kickdown cable hooked up. I didn't want to hijack his post so here is me question. Do th400's have a kickdown cable? I have checked on mine but I only have a vacum line.

Also does anyone know what vacuum port on a Eldebrock intake this vacuum line goes to? I also need to figure out which vacuum port my distributor goes to.

Thanks alot

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

TH400's don't use a cable. They use an electrical switch, usually positioned near the carb linkeage or under the gas pedal. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nope. Th400s use a detent selenoid operated by a wire.
    A Th350 or Th700r4 uses a cable. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Manifold (constant) vacuum is what you hook up to the modulator.

Most of the time the Q-jet port for vacuum advance is on the drivers side middle of the carb, and is "timed", meaning no vacuum at idle. The fitting size *should* correspond with the vacuum cannister fitting on the distributor, but may not.