Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kickdown needed on Turbo 350?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Eric M., Apr 5, 2005.

1. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

A buddy of mine picked up a cheap 75 GMC 1/2 ton with a 250 6 cyl. to use for work until he saves enough to buy a new truck. This was a 4 speed which was converted to a Turbo 350. All looks good except the kickdown cable isn't long enough to reach the throttle and even if it was, I can't see how to hook it up without trying to scavenge some new throttle linkage parts for this set up.

Other than no "kicking down" of the trans., will it be bad for the transmission if it isn't hooked up? Should I try to pull the cable 1/2 way out and lock it there to simulate 1/2 throtte all the time?

Thanks,

Eric M.

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

It isn't needed unless you want the tranny to kick down a gear when you stand on it. Its not like a TV cable on a 700R4. If he wants to kick it down he can do it manually himself.

3. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Thanks,

That's what I needed to know. If it'll save him $$, he can learn to downshift manually.

Eric M.