Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kickdown/Throttle

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AkMudr, Mar 6, 2005.

1. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Pretty simple ? but..Was the factory th350 kickdown and throttle on the same bracket? Where were they bolted..on the back bolt for the carb or the back bolt sof the intake? Were they seperate, if so where was each located? I need one but Ive never originally seen one. Also, anyone here got one they can send in a quickness?

grassyass.

2. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

i just sold a 350 engine from a 350/th350 combo i think i kept the bracket i will go look:yikes:

3. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Shibby..c'mon Lonnie hook me up again :D

4. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

didn't see it on top of the pile:D i do have a summit racing chrome adjustable one that has throttle and kickdown will that work? i am running all lokar sh$t so this is a freebie!

5. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

I'm not picky, anythin will work for now til I get a new motor in then I'll go wiht the lokar stuffs.

I doubt it matters but does it bolt to the back of the carb or the back of the intake?

6. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I don't know about stock setup, but th350 kickdown cable attached to a cheapy little chrome bracket that bolted to the drivers side rear carburator bolt.
    Now with my tpi i used the factory tpi bracket and a lockar kickdown cable since the factory ones are too short now.
    I had a hell of a time with a leak, and i went through 2 kickdown cables before the lokar one got my tranny to stop leaking. I think either they were cracked, or i overtightened them when installing the kickdown cable on the tranny, must have tightened it too much and cracked the plastic housing so atf will leak. ..so be careful when tightening it. :cool1:
    I'll look around in my garage for one, though its probably a leaker. :blush:

7. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

I had my tranny guy install the kickdown while he had the pan off so its ready to roll, I just hafta throw it in net weekend but I wont drive it without the line pressure set correctly, so I need the bracket.