Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kids and movies?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Aug 20, 2003.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Am I turning into a kill joy? My friend lets her 9 year old (just turned 9 July 31st) see R rated movies. She has for a while now. We met up to see T3, and she said he was 10 to get him in to see it. I was kinda like wtf? I think she's being really irresponsible by doing this. I told her we should go see something else but she said I was being goofy for no reason, he can handle it fine.... Do you think I am nuts, or should she not be letting her kid see this stuff? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. powerbitch

powerbitch Registered Member

I dont think you over reacted at all my oldest is 12 & I wont even let him watch it just like music my boys real dad gave them a cd i took it away as soon as i heard it every other word was f**k im very paticullar(i know thats misspelled) but that is whats wrong w/ kids now a days they run thier parents unlike when i was raised

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Slap her... She needs to get with reality. Next she will be letting the kid do alchohol and drugs. What the hell is wrong with parents these days? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah this pisses me off. I have been noticing it more and more seeing the kids in the Theatre. Nobody checks tickets at individual theatre so I think they just buy Finding Nemo tickets then go into the Bad Boys 2 theatre. next time I am there I am going to bring it to their attention.

5. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

9-10 is resonable age if youve raised your kida right. if your a smart enough parent to know if you kid can handle an R rated movie, then youve probably raised them to be sensible enough by 9 to 10 to see an R rated movie with you. It also gives you the oppertunity to exsplain some things in life that are hard to bring up, sex violance drugs etc. The kids that are sheltered their whole life are the ones to fear.

So basically
    stupid parent -->stupid kid----> sees inapproprate movies
    good parent-->good kid----> mature enough to see inapproprate movies

6. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I don't think I saw an R movie tell I was 14. Look how good I turned out.

Seriously though, you're right. Little kids don't need to see that.

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I was watching R movies when I was a little kid... Of course I didn't understand most of what was going on... if I was able to pay attention long enough to see it anyway /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

So yea... kids can watch R movies if they're not umm... yeah... just go with the maturaty chart above... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif