Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kid's and their lack of respect !

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chopped&bobbed77burb, Feb 15, 2006.

1. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I just had this sent to me and thought I would share . It's a shame that some kids in this day and age have no respect for for our nations Hero's . His name was Gregory Boyington. Some called him "Pappy." He served as a combat pilot in World War II with the 1st Squadron, American Volunteer Group. This squadron was known as the Flying Tigers of China.

Boyington later served as a combat pilot for the U.S. Marine Corps. He commanded Marine Fighting Squadron 214. Perhaps you've heard of this squadron. It was called the Black Sheep Squadron and was later featured in a TV series called "Baa Baa, Black Sheep."

Boyington shot down 26 Japanese aircraft while serving in the Pacific. He was later shot down and spent 20 months in a Japanese POW camp. For those of you who aren't up to par on World War II history, Japanese POW camps were not happy places. Torture, and we mean real torture, not stripping prisoners naked and taking snapshots of them, took place in these camps.

After the war, "Pappy" Boyington was awarded the Navy Cross and the Medal of Honor. He died in 1988. You can visit his grave in Arlington National Cemetery.

"Pappy" Boyington was a graduate of the University of Washington. Just recently the idea of erecting a memorial to this Medal of Honor winner at the University of Washington made its way to the student senate. Here you have an alumnus who served in World War II, was captured and held, and was later awarded the Medal of Honor and the Navy Cross. Perhaps some sort of monument would be a good idea.

Well, not to Jill Edwards. Thanks to the folks at WorldNetDaily, I found a copy of the minutes of a meeting of the student senate at the University of Washington. Under old business, there was a discussion of a resolution calling for a tribute to "Pappy" Boyington. Student senate member Jill Edwards immediately moved to table the resolution. She wanted other issues to be considered.

Another member said that the issue was at the top of the agenda and should be dealt with. Jill's motion failed, but she wasn't through. There was then some discussion on why Andrew Everett, another student senate member, wanted the memorial. Everett responded that Colonel Boyington "had many of the qualities the University of Washington hoped to produce in its students." Well, I guess that might be true, if leadership and courage are considered to be good qualities.

Anyway, that's when Jill Edwards spoke up and showed her true colors. She questioned whether it was appropriate to honor a person who killed other people. Then the lovely Jill Edwards said that a member of the Marine Corps was not an example of the sort of person the University of Washington wanted to produce.

Shall I repeat that? Jill Edwards, a Junior in Mathematics at the University of Washington, says that a U.S. Marine is not the example of the sort of person that the University of Washington wants to produce. Let's all let this sink in. To all of you men and women out there who have served with pride in the United States Marine Corps; to those of you who fought in World War II, Korea, Vietnam and the Middle East, Jill Edwards, student senate member at the University of Washington, thinks that you are unworthy to be graduates of the University of Washington.

My grandfather was a Marine. We buried him this past Monday. All that our family is, we owe to this man. He exemplified the Marine Corps motto of "Honor, Courage, and Commitment," and no person reading this will ever meet a finer human being.

Jill Edwards is an ignorant fool. I would submit that Jill Edwards is an embarrassment to the University of Washington. With her mathematics degree and her leftist outlook on life my guess is that she'll end up being a teacher in a government school. Oh goody.

By the way, there's at least one more moonbat on the U of W student senate. Her name is Ashley Miller. Ashley says that there are already enough monuments at UW commemorating "rich white men." Well, I guess you have to get that wealth envy stuff in there somewhere.

Don't you just love these young people? They're so much fun to watch during those magic years when they know everything and when they have all of the answers to every problem facing mankind. We should take 100 volunteer members of university student senates from across the country (and let's make sure Jill Edwards is one of them) and give them a country to run for four years. Haiti would do just fine.

2. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

:angry1: :angry1:

I hate stupid people.

Nice write-up. We should find her campus e-mail address.

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

typical lib bull, our colleges are full of em...

peace, love, yada, yada.... can't we all just get along, blah, blah...

if your 20 and not a liberal, you have no heart. if your 40 and not a conservative, you have no brain....

4. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I think Jill needs a swift kick to the twat.

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I have no heart........and Im glad

6. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

You hold her still and I'll get a running start!

7. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

You may lose a leg, strap a board onto your butt first.....

8. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

having lived in WA state for a few years and being a Marine... it does not surprise me. i would be even less surprised if it was oregon. i was born there and lived in each state half of my non Corps life. tree hugers. that is for sure.

one thing i do know in life is this... (this is nothing new, but it tok me about 22 years to figure it out. im almost 26 now and still trying to master it.)

no matter where you go, who you are, what you do and have done, someone will NOT like you. someone may be a group of people, or one single person. you can not please everyone. you can try, but i dont think it is worth the effort. i think the best way to live life is just that. live life. be yourself and have fun doing it. TRY your best to be understanding and sympathetic when needed. dont over extend yourself or your hands. it can come back to you in the end, but in most likely will not. dont be fake. Jill here is fake.

she has been "raised" so to speak, may it have been by her folks, friends or TV, in a way that she thinks killing is bad. that is her view, and i am sure more people dislike her than like her. not my problem. i do agree she should be kicked though... maybe a kindey... i dont like being kicked in the nuts and cant do it to a woman no matter what(not nuts, but to put it into perspective the clit has more nerve endings than both balls, the twig and half an ear.)

because i am a Marine i am looked up and down uppon. because i am a white mail in my mid 20's who is tall and skinny with ink showing i am looked down uppon. if i dont shave and have not gotten a haircut that week people think i am a user. but i still get by as i am sure she does as well.

what am i saying? ahh ****, i dunno. im going to the bar.
    Grant

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Are you god's lonely man? Do you wish for a real rain to come and wash the scum of the street for goof?

10. Seventy4Blazer

who? me? nah.. im just me. i want to have fun. i dont know if there is a god or not. if so, cool, if no, cool. 6 in one half dozzen in the other.

i think we should respect everyone. young and old. i also dont hunt. wanna know why? i bet if i dont tell ya it will burn some people up....

hmm.. life is funny some times...

i did forget to put that into my long drwan out slowly got off topic babbling didnt i... oh well. respect is somethign i value. both ways. i give it where it is shown as due, but i give it at first chance as well. someone has to prove they dont need it. although it doesnt take much....

oh, and i dont hunt because i dont eat anything but cow, chicken and pork. fish now and then but am not patient enough to do that much anymore. ill go hunting, but ill be beer bitch.

oh yeah.. im supposed to be going to the bar now.... later.
    Grant

11. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Id love that bitch to come around my old college, she'd say one bad word about it and wouldnt make it another 5 seconds and the dean would prolly kick her ass

I say get to building that Memorial, not only espeically for men that gave their life in the line of duty but for all men who served in any war. All the civilains of the united states of america own them for our freedom

12. Resurrection_Joe

Hahaha, I was referencing a movie about a former marine, Taxi Driver

13. Seventy4Blazer

oh.... oops... never seen it

14. Resurrection_Joe