Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

KIDS WITH BIG $ JEEPS SUCK!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cua757, Jul 16, 2000.

1. Cua757

Cua757 Registered Member

You know what I really can't stand... When I see some whiney, pimply faced, hat backwards, peach fuzzed, skinny assed-never-done-a-day-of work-in-his-life-, white jeans wearing, tommy hilfiger type 17 year old teenager riding around in a brand new 2000 Jeep YJ (Yuppie Jeep) that's got a suspension lift, $4000 tires and a massive sound system (with the top off of course...) when I know for a fact that he doesn't work (I know his dad) and he didn't earn a dime that went into that Goddamn Jeep! To him it's a birthday present from daddy and he's a real man now that he's got a 4X4! Sometimes I wanna... 1..2...3... 4... 5... 6... ... okay, I'm calm... I'm calm.
    Sure, Jeeps might be alright for rolling around in the woods WITH NO GEAR, but I think their main talents lie in the "look at me!... I'm a street donkey with a big stereo!" kinda field. I know some people might disagree with me, and I know some people might get pissed at me for my opinion, but guess what, I don't give a rats ass and needed to vent.

Ever Been Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinkin' Stuck?

2. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Hey man i'm with you, it pisses me off when some s***head kid smerks at me with my pealing paint and dirty truck, while hes driving his "my daddy just paid 4 wheel parts to put this thing together truck, jeep or whatever" those kids hardly know how to change a tire, much less anything else, meanwhile i,ve taken my whole truck apart and put it back together, and could pull a macgyver with some bailing wire and bubble gum to get it rolling after problem, meanwhile they're trying to figure out why AAA doesn't come out to the ORV area.

RaisedK5

"Friends don't let friends drive Fords"

3. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Would you like some cheese to go with that whine?

I am not sure if you know not or not but this section of the site deals with K5's , the 4x4 version. I believe the whining section is under NON 4X4 issues.

4. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Oh, I see, If your parents would have given you a bad ass ride you would have stood on morals and said, No Mom, Dad I want to earn my truck, but thanks anyway. I DONT THINK SO.
    I am with EAGLE. When I do have kids, I will work hard to give them what they want. So quite crying!!!!

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. NEW AtlassII ordered 5-15-00. 38" sx's -

5. Rockblazer

Rockblazer 1/2 ton status

Eagle, you are too funny. Just send the guy (with his whine and cheese) a picture of you and your friends on your sailboat! That says it all! Live life and play hard!
    Todd

"You're right... I don't understand that Jeep thing!"

6. four50four

four50four Registered Member

Your darn right! I'd say take that truck back, I don't want it! I'm not kidding either, at the very least I'd work something out to buy it off them. Sorry man, I just can't have any pride or self-respect in something that is given to me. I don't care if it is a built jeep that would twice as a far on the trail, my hard-earned vehicle will always go farther in my mind.

BTW, the new jeeps are TJ's (turd jeeps?)

Keith

7. Cua757

Cua757 Registered Member

I see that I've excited a few of the established on this particular site. As odd as this may sound to you DBlazer I definitely would have sold the Bitchin' ride SO I COULD GO TO SCHOOL. Maybe you think that the younger generation doesn't really know how to work for what they want. Maybe you had a bitchin' ride at 16. Maybe your parents paid for it. Some people like to know that what they've got they worked for "."

8. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I work at a country club, and there's a kid who's father is a member who will remain nameless who has a new wrangler (just turned 17). Anyway, i was driving a cart through the lot one night (i'm an attendant) and i saw him loading his sack of golf sticks into his Heep. he had them sticking out the back with the rear window just hanging over it (soft top) and i had to explain and demonstrate how the top CAN be removed! He didn't even know it came off! I asked him if he ever went off-road and he looked at me like i was crazy and told me he didn't want to get it dirty! </font color=blue>

http://www.chrisd71k5.coloradok5.com <font color=blue>Updated!</font color=blue>

9. Cua757

Cua757 Registered Member

I think that one or two folks took the message I was trying to get across the wrong way. I believe there is nothing wrong with owning a car or truck when you are young. whether or not it is a nice ride or a piece of crap has nothing to do with it. The whole idea is that there are an awful lot of spoiled kids out there that have expensive cars and trucks provided by their parents. There is nothing wrong with purchasing a vehicle for your kids to use, as long as it is something appropriate. ($40 000 Jeep does not qualify as appropriate.) Your kids are going to be learning to drive and they WILL MAKE MISTAKES! -Hopefully none of them big enough to harm themselves. Putting a large powerful vehicle with a stereo loud enough to destroy nearby windowpanes (no offence Audio guys) in the hands of someone totally inexperienced and easily distracted is going to cause trouble. Kids think they are immortal and drive accordingly -especially the cocky ones with the "bitchin' rides" The guy I was originally referring to is 17, unemployed, and has an attitude the size of a 502. Big tires and Big tunes have not improved his disposition and the fact that daddy's pocketbook is footing the bill is that much more sickening. People, if you're going to buy a ride for your kids... be sensible about it and make sure they are prepared for it.

10. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

dude i totally agree. i jsut got a 85 k5 blazer. even though my parents bought it for me [2800$] i am paying for everthing. and fixing it up with my OWN money and i am working on it w/ my dad. i work at a canoe shop. and i make my own money, and i am gonna put a lift on it. get a flowmaster, new mufflers. new dash board. its crazy what rich people do.
    bye the way. my passenger window goes down REALLY slow does anyone know how to fix that?
    please email me at Confederate9@aol.com

'85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN

11. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

Confederate try spraying some wd40 in the window guides. Granted it will be messy but it usaully works on the windows ive tried. If not that maybe a switch needs cleaned.

<font color=blue>SLODAWG</font color=blue>
    http://www.slodawg.coloradok5.com

12. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I have to work my a$$ off just to keep gas in the beast, and my friends come around with these brand new, lifted trucks(that their dad paid for) and I ask if it was hard or how long did it take, and they say, "I don't know, ask the mechanic down at 4WP." I dont understand some people but I like the satisfaction of working/building on my blazer myself, and then to have it up and running like a champ again.

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

13. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Punks Suck run their asses off the road, in the ditch right next to the Lexus I ran off the road!

14. walrus101

walrus101 Registered Member

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE GOD'S NAME IN VAIN! you can get the point across without the explitives.

walrus101

goo goo gaju

15. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Wooowwwww, look at all of you, yes I had a bitching ride when I was 16 (a 68 Camaro) and no my parents didnt buy it for me. But who are all of you to tell someone that they cant buy there kid a nice car or Jeep. I see, I should raise my kids like you want. If you teach your kids right from wrong, give them MORALS, and teach them NOT TO JUDGE OTHERS BY WHAT THEY DRIVE, or how they dress or dont etc.etc, then they will hopefully grow up to be Good NONJUDGEMENTAL citizens . Like some of you. Grow up, at some point you all have to. Just my .o2

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. NEW AtlassII ordered 5-15-00. 38" sx's -

16. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I guess you're just mad because your dad didn't buy you anything!

Brian

17. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

Time for me to jump into this conversation. I fall in the mid range. I'm 18 yrs old, and I got my Blazer when I was 15. Actually my late father had bought it brand new in '83. We decided to fix it up, so my mom dropped the funds for me to get it road ready. This included new motor, brakes, shocks, etc etc etc. Anyway, my friends father helped me out and we fixed it together. Now I've got a dependable truck for no more than $1200. I got the satisfaction of working on it, and I have a lot of pride knowing that I did the work and that I can do it again. It aggrivates me soo bad how some kids are spoiled though. I know several kids around here that have had multiple cars bought for them. They wrecked their brand new Honda and mom and pop decide to buy them a brand new Jeep, or whatever the case may be. There are kids that haven't paid a dime for the vehicle and all the crap they put on it, rims, neons, loud pissed off weedeater exhaust, etc. and put them in shows. How fair is that to the real showpeople who pay for theie cars and do the work themselves. Just seems like those kids are in for some real trouble when they get out in the real world. OH NO! My check engine light came on! Only later the mechanic finds out that they had no oil in the car or something like that. They just know that mom and dad will buy them another if it breaks. All I have to do is put gas in it and go. Sorry, life is more of a challenge than that. So they can laugh now that they have a nicer car(in their opinion) But I'll be laughing in 10 yrs when they can't hold their own in the real world because mom and pop didn't teach them any responsibility. Ha! I can't wait to throw that in their little lowered import drivin faces!

-JoSH
    crazeebush@aol.com
    http://josh.coloradok5.com

18. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Yeah, bulding a vehicle yourself and know every single part on it is what real 4x4s are all about. My apologies to
    82jimmy for not writing a post longer then a book.

<font color=red>check out my site</font color=red>
    http://blazer-jimmy.coloradok5.com

19. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Instead of complaining about these kids, you ought to feel sorry for them. Parents are not here forever, when Mom and Dad are gone what are they going to do? They have been used to getting things given to them, the gravy train does stop sooner or later and they have some very hard lessons to learn that most of us here already have. Walk a mile in their shoes....things are not as they always seem....

And I do agree with Walrus..there is way too much cussing going on here. If you cannot get your point across without cussing , maybe you ought not to say anything at all... Better to let one think you are a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

20. Cua757

Cua757 Registered Member

Point taked about the cussing. I realize it's a bit unnecessary.