Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kids!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gauder, Dec 15, 2005.

1. gauder

gauder Banned

Recently a co-worker of my wife's moved to a new job. This required relocating, and her two hellions (6yrs, 8yrs) had to go to a new school.

Phonecalls home from the school have always been a regular occurence. She's one of those types who doesn't discipline very well, and tries to reason with them all the time. No male role model either.

Anyways she gets a phonecall from the new school saying that the 8year old is very nice to the white children but not the blacks. They moved from a very rural community with no blacks at all, to an inner city.

Conversation:

-"Honey, your teacher called and said you aren't being very nice to the coloured kids at school. You know there people just like you, only their skin is a different colour. blah blah blah (She made a sincere attempt to explain this to the child)."

-"Mom, they're brown not coloured!"

Freakin' kids eh?

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

My middle boy Evan says the same thing, but he is not mean about it.
    "Dad look the brown people are here":doah: "Evan, we do not talk like that! they are people just like you and me." "but dad, their brown?" "I know son, but you don't talk about them like that, their just like you and I. Now go see if their little boy can go play with you and you little brother"

It seems that I have this same conversation with him about every two weeks.:confused: