Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kilby York bracket for OBA on a Dodge Cummins 24V Very Cool

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by therobzilla, Feb 8, 2005.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

I ordered the York Air bracket from Brad Kilby at Kilby Onboard Air last week.

The bracket is designed for a 24V second gen Cummins. Installed it last week, still need the correct clutch, but for now I installed it to check out the fitment of the bracket.

Worked awesome, went together with absolutely no issues. Perfect fit. Very impressed with the overall fitment of the bracket and the kit itself.

I would recomend it to anyone that's intreseted. His kits are worth the money, I you have an odd need for a York compressor for OBA.

Check out the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I did OBA last week - http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128396I also dealt with Kilby. Got the pulley from them. They were very helpful, answered all of my newbie questions and the pulley is slick. I absolutely second the recommendation (I'm just too cheap, or broke, or maybe both, to order the full kit). That dash setup looks great.

3. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Nice Setup :D

I really like the guage in the dash. Nice looking pulley too ;)
    And just so everyone out there knows... ----[The pulley and baseplate are a matched set!]---- :crazy:

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

How much did the setup cost? Was it hard to install? What are you using the air for mainly? I wouldn't mind getting air equipped with my '01 Dodge Cummins. What year is your cummins?

5. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Bobby,

The cost of the setup was for: Kilby York bracket, new pully for the alternator, new serpetiene belt for Cummins, and alternator V-belt and all mounting bolts needed was $150.00 plus shipping. This did not include the York or anything to hook the system up. It requires a certain sized clutch setup that is shown on his website. It was very easy to install it took me about 2 hours at night using hand tools, in the daytime it would be much less time. Everything lined up perfectly and quickly very easy to install. I use the air to control my rear Air Lift bags, my Pacbrake inline exhaust brake soleinoid, my Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks; I have the kit to work them from the cab. and my air tools/to fill tires. I wired my air bags and my air shocks with a air/electric solonoids, that way I did not have to use the the two small compressors that Rancho & Air Lift sent with their kits. It uses the same switches and console that are supplied. My Cummins is a 1999 it's a second gen. It will work for your year truck.

I strongly reccomend it. I do however had a tank under the frame rail on the driver side and have an inline colealocent (SP) filter in line to the air tank.

This system works very well for what I need it for.

Rob

6. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

If you have any schoo bus junkyards, or places that deal with junked buses, take a look and see if any of the buses have a B series. If they do, they will have a Bendix air compressor mounted up for the air brakes.

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wow, thanks for the info.:)