Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

kill switch help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigblue, Jan 25, 2001.

1. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

I know we all put tons of cash into our rigs. what do you all do for security purposes. Has anyone put a kill switch in their truck. is it easy to do?

baja surf nazi

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I put my K5 in the backyard with the dog(pit), trust me I'm paranoid as hell. Last time my K5 was stolen they painted it drove it around for a couple of months and finally stripped it from the steering wheel to the wheels.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red>, it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i have an alarm with a starter kill and also i cut the power wire to the coil and ran it in the cab to a toggle switch and then back to the coil again that way if they bypass the alarm they can crank it till the cows come home and it still will not start till they find the switch + i am planning on putting a battery cutoff switch in soon + if i catch them i come out really pissed off with an 18 1/2inch 12gage

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

If you have fuel injection, a switch in the feed to the fuel pump will also keep the rig from running. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>