Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Killed another tranny today after less than 300 miles

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by dawson444, Sep 12, 2004.

1. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Well I made a trip to uwharrie today, and it ate another tranny. This sucks! It was acting up some for the past few days, so I know I shouldn't have gone, but being hard headed like I am I did. I made it there and made it up the trails. Then it died on the way out. I had less than 300 miles on it which makes me really mad. I am going to call my tranny guy tomorrow and see what he says. If he won't do anything, I am going to start looking into a 465. After working for the past 9 months on it, then I take it wheeling one time and it dies. This just plain sucks!!!!!

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That sucks man, hate to hear it after working for so long in it, any idea whats going on

3. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Not really sure what happened to it, it won't move anymore though. The fluid smells burnt, but is still red. It is toast though.

4. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

your hurting t-400's that bad?

I hammer mine and have crazy luck with it, take your money else where or make your tranny guy eat it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif