Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Killed the grinder today.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cybrfire, May 30, 2004.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Skinning the rear and removing the floor and such proved to be just too much for the little Mequita.

[​IMG]

Floor inner fenders and inner side walls not including any interior trim or the tailgate 160 lbs. to the dump.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Did it forget to inhale first? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I've toasted a couple also

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

So when it starts smoking it means it's dead? I better watch for that, my little grinder growls alot /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Get a Milwaukee. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I got a Black & Decker from Wal-Mart just save your reciept and get a new one every time it breaks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. cybrfire

Actually I ran up town and found a cheapy for 20 bucks. Looks pretty well made. Steel motor casing and seems to run pretty smoothly and has some power. We will see how long it lasts. Kinda broke with the unemployment thing so cheap is good.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Dude! I thought you knew better than to let the smoke out! You gotta keep it inside, cause once it leaks out, your done! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

So far I've managed to keep it all in with my abused $17 HFs (though since I've said that, it's guaranteed to die the next time it's used).

8. cybrfire

It was actually kind of funny. Once it really started smoking I new she was done. I turned it on and locked the trigger and let her smoke. Couple seconds like that and it started on fire! I can't complain. That little grinder served me well for a long time and now it will get a proper burial. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

9. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I work for an aftermarket Harley/cruiser bike exhaust compan. We have grinders that get used 18 hours a day 5 days a week on two shifts finish sanding heatshields. We get the Makitas that look just like cybrfire's. They usually last 3-4 months before they die. We've tried every other brand- Dewalt, Milwaukee, Black & Decker, and all the brands in between. The Makitas always last longer. I'd bet that grinder in the picture served well past where any other brand would have. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

10. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

My Craftsman grinder has out lasted every other grinder I've owned, going on about three years now and that thing has really taking a beating. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. cybrfire

That mequita has lasted longer than it probably should have. When I'm cutting like I have quite alot lately I use a 7" cut off wheel. this is a 4" grinder. I would imagine that it works a little harder than it should have to however, It sure does cut nice like that. Watch your fingers!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

12. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i just baught a RIDGID from home depot, kicks a$$ !!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif