Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Killer Vibes in my stock burb!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, Mar 10, 2003.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

My burb is having problems. Its been doin it for awhile but it seems like lately there are some killer vibrations at certain speeds. It starts vibrating at around 40 MPH but quits at 45 then picks up again after about 55 on up. I cant tell whether it is coming from the engine or tranny, or axles but it feels like its comin from the front. I think something may be messed up, I flew into the oposite bank of a 6 foot deep ditch goin about 35 yesterday /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. I hope nothing is permanently messed up. Any ideas on what I should check. It could very well be the engine, as it has 277,000 miles on it, but I hope it isn't. I wouldnt be terribly dissapointed if it was the tranny, as its a 700 and obviously needs to be replaced. Thx for any help and if y'all need to know anything else let me know. I need help! Thx guys

2. chevyman_400

chevyman_400 Registered Member

Did you chech to see if there was mud or snow in the rims if not I would have them balaced if it still does it check your drive line to see if it is bent.

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Allright, there's prolly some mud under those silly chrome trim rings from when I went muddin on friday. Snow...in the rims...down here...HAHAHA /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. Not tryin to be an ass but it has never snowed here, in fact I went to the beach yesterday /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. I love south texas /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif