Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kind of a humorously written ad

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Jul 9, 2006.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/car/179920437.html

" 1973 Chevy ¾ Ton, HD Cheyenne Super, Std 8' Bed, 2WD, Like New... - $200

Like new gas cap that is. This truck is one POS. You probably won't even want to buy it if you are conscious about what people think (about the kind of car you drive). Unless you are desperate for a truck, you need not read on. It is ugly as sin. It is an awful green color.

It was originally a 454, but is now a small block. What size? Hell, I dunno...283, 327, 350, 400....most likely a 350. If you want to check the bore and stroke, be my guest. Gas mileage is somewhere between 1 and 20 mpg...I never bothered checking.

Lets see, where do I start...the hood has the typical Chevy kink, so it takes finesse to close, the windshield wipers hardly ever work, the gas gauge is hit or miss, the left fuel tank is inop, the radio won't work, the heater doesn't work, the hand crank for the driver's side door is missing (requires pliers to roll up and down), the interior is shot (though no springs are poking you in the butt), the floorboard is rusted through where you can see the ground under the parking brake, the bed is partially rusted through (if you get 2 yards of beauty bark, you might get home with 1.5 yards), the tailgate is hard to close (we were dropping stumps from 20' up in the air with an excavator into the bed, bombing practice if you will...it scrunched the bed sides and tailgate up a bit), the tabs have expired, the side mirrors are broken, it has a bunch of holes in the bed about .22 inches in diameter (the double wall makes for good target practice...there is a bit of lead trapped in between the walls), there is rust on most every place on the body, the running boards have stump holes & tears in them, and half of the trim has fallen off. Oh, and the bumpers are slightly dented, as my kids learned how to drive in this truck around the property.

Believe it or not, there is actually a "pro" to this truck. It will haul just about anything you can fit into the bed. The rear end is a 14 bolt corporate with 8 leaf springs, triple helpers and double Helwigs on top of that. I think it is posi too, because when I do weeding in the front yard, it always leaves two tire tracks. The rear end alone is worth 3x the asking price of the truck.

The truck is a son-of-a-gun to start in freezing weather: hence the 9.5EEE sized dents around the bed.

If you decide to buy this beauty, I will make sure there is enough gas to get you to the local filling station. Any more than that, it will cost you your first born.

If you even decide to call about this truck and have a look, I will have a Western State evaluation form for you as well. Odds are you will end up there anyway from all of the humiliation you will endure. Getting the windows tinted to mask your identity is highly suggested. Jed Clampett wouldn't even get caught dead in this thing.

Price: $200 obo. May consider trading for a Harley, or trading down to an older truck. "

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I'd buy it just cuz the guy was funny.

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Sounds like a good spot to start a smog exempt wheeler. Oh wait you guys dont live in Kalifornia:doah:

Ira

5. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Sounds like wife made him sell, He might just get to keep it.

6. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Id buy it. Personally if it starts runs and drives its worth 200. not to mention he is funny and judging by his description, Id say hes honest aboot it.
    pretty funny ad. wish it was closer.;)

7. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

That may be a bit of a stretch :eek1: