Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kind of Messed Up

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Quackaddict, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Quackaddict

Quackaddict 1/2 ton status

Well I have big plans for my new blazer....new to me it's an 80 K-5. It is great shape and I got it from a friend I have been trying to buy it from for years. Anyway rather than dumping all the $$ into gears, lift, wheels and tires in the begining I decided to use that money to freshen it up (seals, fluids, interior stuff) and make the lift the last item to finish it off. It did need new tires though so I bought some 31X10.5X15 Mickey Thompson Claws. I love this tire and have always wanted them.

I have to say though this is the first time I have upgraded tires and wheels and felt let down. I need to lift the rear up a little (major butt drag). Money is spent so they have to stay for a while. Just not blown away like I thought I might. Won't stop the plans and one day it will be on 37's. Just the first time I have finished a mod and been disappointed. If I wasn't in LA and the truck in TX I would post some pics. I will be working on it again this weekend. Engine is coming along good, one good point.

Anyone else ever have this happen to them.

2. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

Good call. Alot of us quackheads go and dump money into alot of wheeling stuff and never take the time to make it mechanically sound :waytogo:

3. Quackaddict

lol that's what I keep telling myself too. That I would say is the only problem with the Blazer. It has not been used a lot in the last 2 years so the interior is pretty bad and the seals and fluid need attention. So gonna start there first. Like they say polish up a turd all you want its still a turd. So gonna fix it first

4. Masiony

Masiony 1/2 ton status

quick cheap solution for your sag, zero rate. they're like $40 or cheaper.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The first thing that I did on mine was to make sure that the maintence was up to date also. It made a huge difference IMO knowing that everything was in good shape before I started pouring $$$ into upgrades.

6. Quackaddict

I thought the zero rates were like $150 a pair from ORU? Am I thinking of something different???:dunno:

7. Masiony

Masiony 1/2 ton status

off road design is selling them for about $40 a pair. got mine for even less.

8. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

I was a fool. When I knew I was getting my first car I went out and bought a complette stereo system and then sat on it for two months until I got the car. So yeah things changed over the last 30+ vehicles, freshen it up and then add to it.

9. Quackaddict

yeah I think I am headed in the right direction. Sucks I can't do what I want but I have waited a long time for this truck so I got the time and patience. I will be doing the zero rate thing though

10. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

When I got my truck that is exactly what the previous owner(s) did to it. Modified/upgraded it without really paying attention to the mechanical end of it. So now I have to deal with the mechanical side and now the poorly mickey moused upgrades.