Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kind of OT, but I'm a little concerned...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jeff427, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

Kind of OT, but I\'m a little concerned...

This taken from AP news;
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The fire is one of at least seven burning in the state, including an 11,648-acre blaze that was 25 percent contained near Glenwood Springs, about 150 miles west of Denver.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Stephen hasn't posted in a few days, anybody know how everyone at ORD is doing???

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Re: Kind of OT, but I\'m a little concerned...

The Coal Seam Fire, which is the one near Glenwood Springs, is reported to now be burning mostly to the north/northwest, away from the town. Stephen may be busy helping out other folks affected by the situation. The media has reported that 31 homes burned on the outskirts of the town. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

The Hayman Fire, which is the big one, is now burning towards the home of some friends of mine. Their property line on 2 sides is the boundary for Pike National Forest. So I may be heading up there soon to help them bug out. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

3. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I talked to them Wednesday afternoon and everything was fine. They said the fire was on the other end of town from them. They had a problem getting in to work on Monday, that is when Stephen was at home replying to all of the posts in his forum. As far as I know everything is fine. My doubler is supposed to be shipping out today. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Mike

4. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark

I went through Glenwood on Wednesday and Thursday night. Both sides of interstate burned and some houses visible from the interstate, mainly on the west side of town. I dont know where ORD is in Glenwood. Now the fire is pretty much North and west of town and over the top of the mountains closest to the interstate. Starting to cloud up goo here, Cedaredge near Delta CO so hopefully they will get some rain. Looks like the town is out of Danger for now.