Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Kinda curious about something... Who,When,Where.. was welding invented?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Silver84k5, May 29, 2003.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

i dunno why but i think about this this sometimes... Does anyone have some info i can read about this? thx /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

who: Mr. Welder, When: way back then, Where: Over there

Does that help? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

A long long time ago, when bed frame's were riveted together, Mr. and Mrs. Hobart were getting it on in the riveted bed, it collapsed.
    The next day after mr. Hobart repaired the frame for like the 60th time, Mrs. Hobart was making pickle's in a large crock, the cord for the iron had accidentally fell into the crock, Mr Hobart grabbed the cord,[which had frayed end's], and noticed it Arc'ed. He immediately grabbed a couple of table knive's, and arc'ed them together, don't know what kinda of rod He used, but it worked.

After the knive's He thought He would try to weld the Bed frame together once a for all, and He did, no more collapsing bed while getting it on. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And this is why, when, and how welder's were created. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

The guy witht he idea behind the little lincoln weld pac welders (wire fed, mig) lives in Eastern Oregon.

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

6. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Yep, the first time some blacksmith heated up two different pieces of metal until they were above their recrystalization temperature and hammered them together was when welding was invented. (LONG time ago)

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    who: Mr. Welder, When: way back then, Where: Over there

Does that help? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> Actually it would have been Mr. Weldor. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif A welder is a machine, a weldor is a guy that uses the machine. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font>

8. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

yea after i posted this, abd got those first three responses i figured i better just search for it myself lol

i found that same website, interesting stuff. would like to see some pics of early welds heh

9. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

You telling me my response wasn't a good detailed response? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You telling me my response wasn't a good detailed response?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your response was less than informative... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

How about my response? was'nt it informative? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif