Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

kinda depressed now

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by surpip, Jun 13, 2006.

1. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

So, i am a little depressed right now. I went home on leave, and stayed at my girls house. I hadn't been home in a while so she knew she was going to have to split time between me and my family and my 2 best friends(going on 21 years of friendship now).
    So i was reading over her shoulder in a e-mail she was sending to her best friend, and she said the trip we had planed to go up to my parents house was a "stupid ordeal", and just generally sounded pissed about going. We went out on my parents boat, and had a good time, and watched a movie and got drunk and played Mexican train dominoes when we got back. Seemed to me she had a good time, but she ignored my mom the whole time she was there and really upset my mom.
    My mom is a super nice person, and has been through alot of **** in the past 2 years (cancer, her horse died, 2 back surgery's, and her and my dad don't get along well.) But through it all she has remained upbeat, and she is always real nice to everyone. So for my girl to dot hat to her really pissed me off, and my mom actually started crying when we talked about it later.

So this leaves me in the position of being really pissed at my girl, and wanting to breakup with her, I just cant see my self being with her after she acted like that.
    so i guess this is just a rant, i kinda know what i have to do, but advice would be welcome.

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

hmmmm. yeah id probably get rid of her....

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

doesnt have the balls to tell you her true feelings... to the curb...

no way of sugar coating that one brother. :(

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

exactly

5. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Well, you have some stuff to think about, and talk about with your GF. This is the kind of thing that needs to be resolved or it will destroy a relationship.
    Sounds like mom is cool, so long as she is'nt the type who hates all girlfriends. You only have one mom, and my dad always said women are like city buses.... theres always another one coming up the road. Might be time to catch another bus.

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Screw her,,,, repeatedly...:crazy:

7. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Sucks man. I would probably cut her loose.:(

8. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

She had to share ya, it ain't easy for some to share. :o

9. skidpan

skidpan 1/2 ton status

im kinda in the same boat with my wife and my mom...
    my mom was best friends with my girl befor we were married, then she saw the ring and hasnt been the same sence. My mom has been rude as hell to both me and my girl.
    I would say its time to get rid of her bro..

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Sit down and talk about it openly. Take turns speaking instead of talking over each other. Sometimes it takes a few conversations to get to the heart of the problem.

My big question, do you love each other enough to sit down and hash it out over time. These issues are not black & white, or quick fix. There is usually a lot of underlying little stuff.

You'll know in your gut what to do when the time comes. The feeling will overwhelm you making the decision relatively easy.

11. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

I think that getting a girlfriend should always attempt to get along with her boyfriend's mom. The mom usually has a bigger spot in a man's heart than the girlfriend. Sweet moms are the best ones to hang out with because they are usually very nice. If she can't just chat with your mom get rid of her. Mom's are more important (imo).

12. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

If this is how she is now, (when she's supposed to be impressing your family) consider what it would be like if she were your wife. If this is just a sport relationship (i.e., booty call or friends with benefits) that's one thing. But if you're serious, I'd reconsider. There are lots of girls out there who would love to be part of your family.

13. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

if your on leave, im guessing yu dont see her to often anyways. chances are shes seeing other guys while you are away anyway. women are just as bad as us, so to me its not worth it. unless an elder is rude, they deserve respect, period. sorry if this upsets you, but ive been there, usmc 94-98, and i would never go through that **** again

get rid of her

14. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i am pretty sure she diddent se anyone else, possible, but i just dont think so.

****ty thig is, when i was home(before i left to OK.) she was wicked nice to my mom, now its all different.
    But i agree, AFAIAC it is over

15. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

be balanced in your actions towrds her dale.. one unconscious act (usually) does not a whole person make...

I would put it into the "observe" catagory,,, it it rears its ugly head again.. then you would be justified in taking positive steps to improve the situation... breaking up.. sitting down and having a heart to heart with her.. whatever is appropriate

cam

16. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I agree with cams she could have just been having a bad day or maybe she didnt intentionaly cold shoulder your mom. At the very least ask her if there's something wrong.

17. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I agree with Cam and Jiminy, you can't just arbitrarily dump her for one bad attitude weekend, if you're gonna do that I can tell you right now: Marriage is not for you.:p:

You gotta talk to her first and get it out in the open and find out if this is a permanent thing as in she just doesn't like your Mom (which is a huge issue) or was she just having a bad weekend and letting it show (again, get used to that occasionally)

18. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

There are many potential girlfriends but only one Mom.

19. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

this happened on 2 seperate occasions while i was home, both full day deals

20. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I would tell Her that She should apologize to Your Mother or else. She should also apologize to You as well for dissing Your Mom.